EVENTS & ANNOUNCEMENTS
Time for Siblings to Apply to ICS!
If you are planning for another one of your children to come to ICS for the 2018-2019 school year, now is the time to apply! Applications are steadily coming in and spaces are limited. Log on to your online application account to begin the sibling application today. Sibling application fees are only $75. Forgot your username or password or have any questions? Contact Lauren Gessner, Enrollment Manger.
Visiting Day @ ICS For Rising 4th -8th Grade Students
Try ICS on for size! This day is designed for rising 4th-8th grade students and provides and opportunity to attend class, meet students and enjoy lunch. RSVP below. Don’t wait….spaces are limited!
ICS Closed on Wednesday, March 21
ICS is closed on Wednesday, March 21 due to winter weather. There will be no Extended Care.
Documents, Forms and General Information
- Calendar 2017-18 (rev. 9/26/17)
- Fun Lunch Schedule 2017-18
- Extended Care Enrollment 2017-18 (available on ParentsWeb)
- Goals & Outcomes Of An Immanuel Education
- Parent-Student Handbook (rev. 8/14/17)
- Request for Transcripts (K-7th)
- Request for Transcripts (8th for High School)
- Textbook List
- Volunteer Driver Form (rev. 3/12/18)
- Zip Code List (available on ParentsWeb)
Health Forms & Information
- Allergic Reaction/Anaphylaxis Care Plan Form
- Asthma Inhaler Care Plan Form
- CDC Concussion Fact Sheet for Parents
- Generic Care Plan Form
- Head Lice Facts
- Head Lice Treatment
- Medication Authorization Form
- Religious Exemption Health Form
- Seizure Action Plan Form
- Virginia Minimum Immunization Requirements
- Virginia School Entrance Health Form
- Student Accident Insurance Overview
Athletic Information & Forms
- Baseline Testing Permission Form
- CDC Concussion Parent-Student Signature Form
- Impact Testing Notification
- Intent to Participate Form
- PE Uniform Order Form
- Sports Directions
FACTS: Tuition Payment Management
Online tuition management payment service
In The Loop: Bimonthly E-Newsletter
Lunch: Fun Lunch Options
Wednesday Fun Lunches are provided by Subway, Chick-Fil-A, Papa John’s Pizza and Malek’s Restaurant (a local restaurant providing a pasta lunch option). We alternate vendors weekly. This program is made possible by the faithful efforts of our Lunch Coordinator and our many parent volunteers.
Fun Lunch works on a semester basis: choose your options for each vendor and place your order once per semester, then receive your selections on the delivery dates shown. Condiments, a small dessert and bottled water are provided.
Lunch: Smart Lunch Options
We partner with Smart Lunches© to offer students optional lunch delivery on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays. Students in Extended Care may also purchase a healthy snack as an add-on on days they order a lunch. We also offer Wednesday Fun Lunches featuring lunches from Chick-Fil-A, Malek’s pasta, Papa John’s and Subway.
Smart Lunches© offers freshly made hot and cold lunch options that provide flexibility, convenience and nutritious lunch choices. Highlights include:
- No contracts! Order just once a year…or by the day. You decide what you need. Deliveries begin on the first day of school!
- Flexible lunch options include a variety of hot and cold lunch options.
- Special dietary lunches available: vegetarian, gluten free, gluten sensitive, dairy free, dairy optional and egg free.
- Order and pay online featuring customizeable menu options for every child.
- Customer representatives available to answer your questions at 1-888-25-SMART and firstname.lastname@example.org. SATISFACTION GUARANTEED!
ParentSquare: School-Parent Communication App
ParentSquare is a private communication platform for schools. It provides a safe way for the principals, teachers, staff, groups and parents to connect.
You will be able to:
- Receive school and classroom communication via email, text or app notification according to your preferences
- Share pictures
- View school and class calendars
- Sign up to volunteer or bring items for events
- Sign up for teacher/parent conferences
- Receive time-sensitive alerts. This replaces our previous alert system.
ParentsWeb: Parent Access to Grades, Family Directory and Web Forms
Click below to access secure family and student information
- District code: ICS-VA
Parent Teacher Fellowship (PTF)
The Parent Teacher Fellowship is active in supporting ICS in the areas of annual workdays, athletic booster support, hot lunch programs, and fundraising activities. Parents are encouraged to attend the PTF meetings and become involved in supporting ICS and its role in educating and equipping students to serve God.
Our mission is to support the ICS administration in various capacities as they fulfill their mission, and to foster good and Christ-like relationships amongst ICS families. Projects we have led or supported in the past include:
- Back-to-school coffee for parents on the first day of school
- Assistance with coordination of food, set-up, grilling, and clean-up for the Back-to-school picnic
- Refreshments for the Hour of Prayer
- The ICS Hot Lunch program
- Purchase of the Annual Verse wristbands
- Presenting outside speakers to talk to parents on relevant topics
- The annual Teacher Appreciation Luncheon and Gift Basket event
- Other events that support communication between parents and faculty
All parents, grandparents, great-grandparents, and guardians are automatically members of PTF. There is no membership process and no dues. If you are part of ICS then you are a member!
We’d love to have you join us! We are always looking for new ideas to improve our school and welcome new volunteers to increase the support for our teachers and students. We are always in need of volunteers for hot lunch, and welcome parents who just want to jump in. The needs vary over time, but an email to the PTF account stating their interest would be welcomed.
Contact our Parent-Teacher Fellowship: email PTF or call 703-941-1220.
Prayer Guide & Prayer Resources
Immanuel Christian School is a vibrant, active community of learners focused on developing the talents and abilities of the individual as well as the group. This is accomplished through a wide variety of academic, athletic and social activities. Our students are given the opportunity to grow and develop in a safe, nurturing environment. Our teachers serve as wonderful role models as they continue to grow in faith and knowledge right alongside our students. Our parents are encouraged to be an active part of our school. Their service and weekly prayer time, called Parents in Prayer, encourages and enhances our school community.
For all parents, staff, and friends of Immanuel Christian School, we are so grateful for your prayers for us, as we seek to carry out our mission. We know that prayer is an integral part of our ministry here, and we covet your prayers, that our ministry would indeed be effective for Christ’s Kingdom.
Parents In Prayer
Please consider coming to our Parents in Prayer ministry at 8:30 a.m. every Tuesday in the Hospitality Room in our Middle School wing. Come especially when your child’s class is being featured. It is very encouraging to know that you are praying for us! Please email us if you have questions about Parents in Prayer.
We also encourage you to email your prayer requests with us. Your requests are shared with the coordinator of our Parents in Prayer ministry and the coordinator on staff who manages our monthly Prayer Guide. You will have the option of indicating if you would like your requests to remain confidential.
We always thank God for all of you and continually mention you in our prayers.
1 Thessalonians 1:2
Attention parents and students!!! Show your love for ICS and order t-shirts, sweatshirts, etc. Spirit and Pride spirit wear has just about anything you can imagine! These items will be great additions for student dress down days and school spirit days. A few sample items are shown below. Parents have the opportunity to order at various times throughout the school year.
Weather-Related Emergency Announcement Policy
It may be necessary to close or delay the start of school because of ice, snow or other inclement weather conditions. Additionally, school may need to dismiss early due to inclement weather. Information will be sent to parents through Parent Square.
We usually follow Fairfax County Public Schools when they decide to close school or modify school hours for inclement weather, slippery roads, or other reasons. The only condition in which we do not follow Fairfax County is for closings due to warm weather and lack of air conditioning. All FCPS closing, delay and early dismissal notices will be announced by major TV and radio outlets.
ALL closings, delays, and early dismissals due to inclement weather will be posted on the front page of our website and communicated via an emergency email notification system through our school Parent Square by email and text message. All closing and delay notices will be posted by 6:00 a.m., and all early dismissal notices will be posted by 11:00 a.m.
However, when Fairfax County Public Schools are not in session (vacation days, teacher in-service days, etc.), closing, delay, and early dismissal notices will only be available on the school website and sent via Parent Alert. Parents are asked to update their contact information through our parent portal called ParentsWeb and will be sent notifications as soon as weather decisions are made by the administration.
Extended Care: In the case of late starts, Morning Extended Care will begin 1 ½ hours before the postponed start of school. (For example, if school begins at 10:30am, Extended Care will open at 9:00am.) If school closes early due to weather conditions, Extended Care students should be picked up as soon as possible. The deadline for pick-up from Extended Care will be 1 ½ hours after the early dismissal time. (For example, if school is closes early at 1:30pm, Extended Care will close by 3:00 p.m.).
Below is a chart illustrating various closing options: