EVENTS & ANNOUNCEMENTS
Back-to-School picnic on Rescheduled for Thursday, October 25
ICS families are invited to the annual back-to-school picnic rescheduled for Thursday, October 25. Every family should bring a side dish to share and RSVP on ParentSquare. More details can be found by visiting our website. Special thanks to the Nellis Group real estate for sponsoring our picnic!
See You At The Pole
All Middle School students are invited to participate in SEE YOU AT THE POLE on Wednesday, September 26 at 8:00 a.m. This is a global event where students around the world gather at their school’s flagpole to pray. We will come together at the ICS flagpole to pray for our school, community and nation. Hope to SEE YOU AT THE POLE!
Spread The Word About ICS: First Look Friday Open Houses
Help us spread the word about Immanuel Christian School by inviting friends, co-workers and neighbors to visit ICS on a First Look Friday! They will have the chance to view curriculum, meet the ICS leadership team and have a tour to see the school in action. Be looking for information to be sent home with your child soon about how you can help promote ICS in our community. The first First Look Friday of the year is October 19. Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org. To register or see dates for future Open Houses click here.
Documents, Forms and General Information
- Calendar 2018-19 (rev. 5/14/18)
- 529 Plans New Tax Law Expansion
- Extended Care Enrollment 2018-19 (available on ParentsWeb)
- Fun Lunch Schedule 2018-19 (rev. 8/16/18)
- Goals & Outcomes Of An Immanuel Education
- Parent-Student Handbook (rev. 8/14/17)
- Request for Transcripts (K-7th)
- Request for Transcripts (8th for High School)
- Textbook List (rev. 6/26/18)
- Volunteer Driver Form (rev. 8/8/18)
- Zip Code List (available on ParentsWeb)
Back To School Documents
- Carpool Traffic Pattern Map
- Extended Care Enrollment (available on ParentsWeb)
- Summer Reading List 2018-19
- Kindergarten Supply List 2018-19
- 1st Grade Supply List 2018-2019
- 2nd Grade Supply List 2018-2019
- 3rd Grade Supply List 2018-19
- 4th Grade Supply List 2018-19
- 5th Grade Supply List 2018-19
- 6th Grade Supply List 2018-19
- 7th Grade Supply List 2018-19
- 8th Grade Supply List 2018-19
- Order Uniforms for grades 1-8 (rev. 6/28/18)
Health Forms & Information
- Allergic Reaction/Anaphylaxis Care Plan Form
- Asthma Inhaler Care Plan Form
- CDC Concussion Fact Sheet for Parents
- Generic Care Plan Form
- Head Lice Facts
- Head Lice Treatment
- Medication Authorization Form
- Religious Exemption Health Form
- Seizure Action Plan Form
- Virginia Minimum Immunization Requirements
- Virginia School Entrance Health Form
- Student Accident Insurance Overview
Athletic Information & Forms
FACTS: Tuition Payment Management
Online tuition management payment service
In The Loop: Bimonthly E-Newsletter
Lunch: Fun Lunch Options
Wednesday Fun Lunches are provided by Subway, Chick-Fil-A, Papa John’s Pizza and Malek’s Restaurant (a local restaurant providing a pasta lunch option). We alternate vendors weekly. This program is made possible by the faithful efforts of our Lunch Coordinator and our many parent volunteers.
Fun Lunch works on a semester basis: choose your options for each vendor and place your order once per semester, then receive your selections on the delivery dates shown. Condiments, a small dessert and bottled water are provided.
Lunch: Smart Lunch Options
We partner with Smart Lunches© to offer students optional lunch delivery on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays. Students in Extended Care may also purchase a healthy snack as an add-on on days they order a lunch. We also offer Wednesday Fun Lunches featuring lunches from Chick-Fil-A, Malek’s pasta, Papa John’s and Subway.
Smart Lunches© offers freshly made hot and cold lunch options that provide flexibility, convenience and nutritious lunch choices. Highlights include:
- No contracts! Order just once a year…or by the day. You decide what you need. Deliveries begin on the first day of school!
- Flexible lunch options include a variety of hot and cold lunch options.
- Special dietary lunches available: vegetarian, gluten free, gluten sensitive, dairy free, dairy optional and egg free.
- Order and pay online featuring customizeable menu options for every child.
- Customer representatives available to answer your questions at 1-888-25-SMART and email@example.com. SATISFACTION GUARANTEED!
ParentSquare: School-Parent Communication App
ParentSquare is a private communication platform for schools. It provides a safe way for the principals, teachers, staff, groups and parents to connect.
You will be able to:
- Receive school and classroom communication via email, text or app notification according to your preferences
- Share pictures
- View school and class calendars
- Sign up to volunteer or bring items for events
- Sign up for teacher/parent conferences
- Receive time-sensitive alerts. This replaces our previous alert system.
ParentsWeb: Parent Access to Grades, Family Directory and Web Forms
Click below to access secure family and student information
- District code: ICS-VA
Parent Service Organization (PSO)
Prayer Guide & Prayer Resources
Immanuel Christian School is a vibrant, active community of learners focused on developing the talents and abilities of the individual as well as the group. This is accomplished through a wide variety of academic, athletic and social activities. Our students are given the opportunity to grow and develop in a safe, nurturing environment. Our teachers serve as wonderful role models as they continue to grow in faith and knowledge right alongside our students. Our parents are encouraged to be an active part of our school. Their service and weekly prayer time, called Parents in Prayer, encourages and enhances our school community.
For all parents, staff, and friends of Immanuel Christian School, we are so grateful for your prayers for us, as we seek to carry out our mission. We know that prayer is an integral part of our ministry here, and we covet your prayers, that our ministry would indeed be effective for Christ’s Kingdom.
Parents In Prayer
Please consider coming to our Parents in Prayer ministry at 8:30 a.m. every Tuesday in the Hospitality Room in our Middle School wing. Come especially when your child’s class is being featured. It is very encouraging to know that you are praying for us! Please email us if you have questions about Parents in Prayer.
We also encourage you to email your prayer requests with us. Your requests are shared with the coordinator of our Parents in Prayer ministry and the coordinator on staff who manages our monthly Prayer Guide. You will have the option of indicating if you would like your requests to remain confidential.
We always thank God for all of you and continually mention you in our prayers.
1 Thessalonians 1:2
Attention parents and students!!! Show your love for ICS and order t-shirts, sweatshirts, etc. Spirit and Pride spirit wear has just about anything you can imagine! These items will be great additions for student dress down days and school spirit days. A few sample items are shown below. Parents have the opportunity to order at various times throughout the school year.
Weather-Related Emergency Announcement Policy
It may be necessary to close or delay the start of school because of ice, snow or other inclement weather conditions. Additionally, school may need to dismiss early due to inclement weather. Information will be sent to parents through Parent Square.
We usually follow Fairfax County Public Schools when they decide to close school or modify school hours for inclement weather, slippery roads, or other reasons. The only condition in which we do not follow Fairfax County is for closings due to warm weather and lack of air conditioning. All FCPS closing, delay and early dismissal notices will be announced by major TV and radio outlets.
ALL closings, delays, and early dismissals due to inclement weather will be posted on the front page of our website and communicated via an emergency email notification system through our school Parent Square by email and text message. All closing and delay notices will be posted by 6:00 a.m., and all early dismissal notices will be posted by 11:00 a.m.
However, when Fairfax County Public Schools are not in session (vacation days, teacher in-service days, etc.), closing, delay, and early dismissal notices will only be available on the school website and sent via Parent Alert. Parents are asked to update their contact information through our parent portal called ParentsWeb and will be sent notifications as soon as weather decisions are made by the administration.
Extended Care: In the case of late starts, Morning Extended Care will begin 1 ½ hours before the postponed start of school. (For example, if school begins at 10:30am, Extended Care will open at 9:00am.) If school closes early due to weather conditions, Extended Care students should be picked up as soon as possible. The deadline for pick-up from Extended Care will be 1 ½ hours after the early dismissal time. (For example, if school is closes early at 1:30pm, Extended Care will close by 3:00 p.m.).
Below is a chart illustrating various closing options: