October 10, 2019
October 10, 2019
If you wish to read more information under a title, simply click the title to expand details. We hope this newsletter helps you stay in the loop with news and information at ICS!
ALL No School October 14, 18, and 21
- Columbus Day Monday, October 14, 2019
- Teacher Work Day Friday, October 18, 2019
- Professional Development Day Monday, October 21, 2019
K-8 Parent Teacher Conference Sign-Up: October 15-24
Parent Teacher Conferences are scheduled for Monday, November 4 – Wednesday, November 6. Parents will have the opportunity to meet with their child’s teacher(s) to discuss student progress. A limited number of evening appointments will be available on Tuesday, November 5. Students should not attend conferences.
The conference sign-ups will take place through ParentSquare. All families will receive an automatic reminder, but please honor the opportunity for multiple-child families to sign up first.
- Conference sign-ups will go live at 8:00 p.m. on Tuesday, October 15.
- Families with multiple children at ICS will sign up Tuesday – Friday, October 15 – 18.
- Families with 1 child at ICS will sign up Saturday – Thursday, October 19 – 24.
- A ParentSquare post will be sent from each teacher to sign up.
- Middle School Parents are welcome to schedule conferences with teachers as needed, since there is open access to student grades and progress via ParentsWeb.
- Childcare will be available Tuesday, November 5 from 5:00 – 8:00 p.m. ICHS students will babysit your K-8th grade child/children while you attend conferences. We have lots of fun activities planned to keep students occupied. HS students will host games in the gym, crafts, board games and a movie & popcorn in the T-Suite! Our ICHS faculty will be there to monitor the ICHS students. Suggested donation is $10 per hour, per child. All donations can be made by cash or check and will be used to support the High School’s Serve-A-Thon goal of $20,000. Reservations are required through the ParentSquare post which will be coming with the Conference sign-ups.
K-8 End of Quarter Verse Recitation Elementary: October 16 & 17 and Middle School: October 10 & 11
1st Quarter Verse Recitation will take place for students in grades 1-8 soon.
- Grades 1-4: October 16 & 17
- Grades 5-8: October 10 & 11
Memory verses for each grade are available on ParentSquare. Watch for the volunteer sign-ups to listen to Bible verses.
ALL Active Duty and Retired Military Members Invited to Lunch on Veterans Day
In recognition of your service to our nation, Immanuel Christian School invites all active duty and retired family members to lunch on Monday, November 11. Pick up lunch from your favorite restaurant or brown bag it and enjoy eating with your 1st – 10th grade student or grandchild. We will provide a special dessert in your honor. Click to RSVP!
ICS has the following coaching positions available: 5th & 6th grade girls basketball coach and HS JV (9th and 10th grades) Boys basketball coach. Interested candidates should send their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Serve-A-Thon is off to a GREAT start!
Last Wednesday afternoon we had a good time gathering in the Gym to Kick-off our Season of Service and Giving! The Middle School Chapel Band did a great job singing our theme song, Fix My Eyes by King and Country.
We love this opportunity for teambuilding and service as we serve to glorify God in HIS strength and learn to Live for Another.
Psalm 119:15 “I will meditate on your precepts and fix my eyes on your ways.”
- Please continue to pray for safety and good weather as we keep the excitement going while we serve.
- Remember to send out the link to the Team Fundraising pages so family and friends can support and encourage the classes.
- Click here for more information about Serve-A-Thon 2019.
Thank you to all the parent volunteers. We cannot serve without your help!
ALL Note from the Clinic
Head Lice. This is your friendly reminder to routinely check your child for head lice. Please inform the nurses at email@example.com if any live lice or nits are discovered. For more information click here.
ALL Fundraising Day @ Chick-fil-A for ICS on October 22
Enjoy breakfast, lunch, and dinner at the Springfield Chick-fil-A on October 22 from 6 a.m. – 10 p.m. and support ICS! The address is 6681A Backlick Rd, Springfield, VA 22150 and please remember to mention “ICS fundraiser” when you place your order!
Thank you for supporting ICS!
ALL School Picture Retakes: Tuesday, October 22
You should receive your school pictures in the next few days. Parents who are not satisfied with their child’s individual picture from Lifetouch, or who missed picture day in September, should plan to have their child’s picture taken on Tuesday, October 22. Recommended attire is dress clothes for the picture. This is going to be a Serve-A-Thon dress down day for K – 8 students and staff, so those getting retakes are encouraged to bring a change of clothes for the remainder of the day. Please return your previous photos on retake day. If you have any questions, please contact Tina Carnahan.
ALL Poinsettias, Christmas Greens, and ICS Ornaments for Sale
Looking to decorate your home or office or give a thoughtful gift to family, friends, or special clients? Our 8th graders are offering the perfect solution! Support the 8th grade class by ordering your florist quality Christmas poinsettias and greenery now. You can also order an ICS commemorative ornament as a way to remember your time at ICS. Don’t forget to order an ornament for your children to have for their Christmas tree when they’re grown!
Support ICS rather than the big box stores! Questions may be sent to Dee.Rutkowski@verizon.net
Order deadline is November 8. Click to place your order.
ALL How to Access a Full Site ParentSquare Calendar on Your Phone
Because the ParentSquare app only shows a snapshot of the full site and a limited number of events into the future, you may consider creating a Full Site Calendar link. To create a link on your phone, pull up the ParentSquare full website and bookmark it as an icon on your phone. Members of the high school group will need to create this link in order to see both the lower school and high school calendars in one view.
Immanuel Bible Church Ministries
Elementary school moms! You don’t want to miss hearing Wendy Blackwell who will join us at our October 16th meeting to speak on “Reflecting Christ in our Homes”, a topic relevant for all of us moms. Come and hear from Wendy and meet other moms in the same season of life. Find out more and register for EMOMS at ibcva.com/emoms. Wednesday, October 16, 2019 from 7-8:30 p.m. in room A207.
|Quick Links:||FACTS||Bonus Verse & Family Lessons||FACTS Family Online||Donate Online|