September 26, 2019
September 26, 2019
If you wish to read more information under a title, simply click the title to expand details. We hope this newsletter helps you stay in the loop with news and information at ICS!
ALL Don’t Forget to Mark Your Calendars - No School October 14, 18, and 21
- Columbus Day Monday, October 14, 2019
- Teacher Work Day Friday, October 18, 2019
- Professional Development Day Monday, October 21, 2019
ALL School Picture Retakes: Tuesday, October 22
Parents who are not satisfied with their child’s individual picture from Lifetouch, or who missed picture day in September, should plan to have their child’s picture taken on Tuesday, October 22. Recommended attire is dress clothes for the picture. This is going to be a Serve-A-Thon dress down day for K – 8 students and staff, so those getting retakes are encouraged to bring a change of clothes for the remainder of the day. Please return your previous photos on retake day. If you have any questions, please contact Tina Carnahan.
ALL Note from the Clinic - Illness Policy Reminder
A student with a temperature of 100°F or higher, vomiting, diarrhea, an undiagnosed rash or repeated visits to the clinic during the school day will be sent home from school. For fevers registering less than 100°F the parent will be called to discuss the child’s symptoms. Students should be free from fever (without taking fever reducing medications), vomiting or diarrhea for a minimum of 24 hours before returning to school. Please email the nurses at firstname.lastname@example.org if your child is ill or is diagnosed with a communicable disease. Please also inform the nurses if your child has an injury, surgery or recent hospitalization affecting his/her school day.
ALL Free Money Programs That Help ICS: Designate ICS for Participating Business and CFC
- AmazonSmile: Did you know that shopping on Amazon through Amazon Smile directly benefits ICS? Bookmark this link and 0.5% of your eligible purchases will be donated back to our school!
- Harris Teeter: Your card needs to be linked every year for this program. As you check out, ask the cashier to link your VIC card to our school or register online at Harris Teeter – Together in Education our school ID number is 5117.
- Office Depot: Complete your online purchase and enter our school’s ID 70104941 on the Thank You Confirmation page. If you are shopping in the store, when you check out, simply provide our school’s name or school’s ID 70104941 to associate. If you forget to give your school’s name or ID at checkout, you can also enter your in store or online purchase and credit ICS here.
- Mabel’s Labels: To access this program click here. Click the fundraiser button in the top right then select “Immanuel Christian School PTF (Springfield)”. ICS will receive a small portion of the proceeds.
- Combined Federal Campaign: In addition to the programs above, federal employees can contribute through Combined Federal Campaign to ICS through their payroll deductions using ID #74453
ALL Need Ideas for Teacher Gifts for Encouragement, Birthdays, etc.?
If you are looking for ideas for teacher gifts, be sure to check out their favorites in ParentSquare at the links below.
ALL We Collected 43 Bikes for Nica Bikes!
THANK YOU so much for your generosity! The 43 bikes will be shipped to Nicaragua in November. Many of these children’s bikes will be given as Christmas gifts to orphans and needy children. For more information on Nicabikes, please click here. Contact Beverly Atkinson if you have any questions.
ALL Mrs. Pence to sign Marlon Bundo books again
Last year, ICS Art Teacher Mrs. Pence, and her daughter, Charlotte Pence, hosted a student assembly about the process of writing, illustrating, and publishing books. Their series of children’s books feature real-life Pence family pet Marlon Bundo and was written by Charlotte Pence (Marlon Bundo’s “mom”), and illustrated by Mrs. Karen Pence. These books feature a bunny’s-eye view of the Vice President’s workday, including riding in his limo, attending meetings, visiting the Capitol, talking to the president on the phone, and reading the Bible before bedtime. The assembly was a great opportunity to inspire and encourage our students in their own creative writing endeavors and art projects.
Mrs. Pence is happy to sign books once again (Christmas is coming….and a new Marlon Bundo book about Christmas will be released soon!) this year. Marlon Bundo books are available in the Immanuel Christian Bookstore (mention that you are an ICS family to receive a discount!) as well as online retailers. Simply purchase your book(s), place a Post-It note with the student’s name and grade/section on the inside cover of the book (please do NOT write the student’s name anywhere on the book), and have your child give the book to his/her homeroom teacher. Mrs. Pence will sign books and return them to students as time permits.
|Quick Links:||FACTS||Bonus Verse & Family Lessons||FACTS Family Online||Donate Online|