December 13, 2018
December 13, 2018
If you wish to read more information under a title, simply click the title to expand details. We hope this newsletter helps you stay in the loop with news and information at ICS!
Merry Christmas! Have a blessed Christmas celebrating our Lord and Savior’s birth.
Happy New Year. See you in 2019 when students return on Monday, January 7!
- December 20: Last day of school/noon dismissal (no Extended Care)
- December 21 – January 4: Christmas Break
- January 7: Classes resume
All School Christmas Program and Grandparents' Day: Thursday, December 20
Family and friends are invited to join our K-8 students for the Christmas program on December 20 at 8:45 a.m. in the Worship Center. Grandparents will be recognized during the assembly! Please take note of important details below:
- Worship Center doors open at 8:15 a.m.
- After the program, grandparents and guests are invited to the Atrium for coffee and music by our instrumental music students and then a visit to their grandchildren’s classroom(s).
- Questions? Below are some of the commonly asked questions and answers.
May parents and siblings attend the Christmas program? Yes! Everyone is invited.
Are parents able to visit the classrooms with the grandparents? We request that only grandparents or special guests visit the classrooms because space is limited. If grandparents need special assistance, please contact Kim Akers in the school office to let her know that a parent will be accompanying the guest.
Do my guests need to RSVP? No, just come!
May I help? Certainly! Lots of help is needed. Check ParentSquare to sign up.
- Student Attire for program
- Students in the 6thgrade play: Wear regular outside kid clothing. No jackets… just gloves, mittens, and/or scarves
- Grades 6-8:Wear Christmas Dress-up clothing (Please no jeans)
- Grades 1-5:Wear solid red shirts (no print) with black bottoms or red dresses with black tights.
- ICS families get 20% discount at the IBC Bookstore which will be open from 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. on Thursday, December 20.
Alumni are invited to attend the program, but there is not a special alumni gathering this year. This alumni gathering will take place every other year. We look forward to inviting our alumni back on campus on Sports Day on Thursday, May 30.
ICS Christmas Ornaments available for purchase
Purchase your ICS Christmas ornament today! For $20 you can pick one up at Reception or the Main Office. The 8th grade class will also be selling ornaments during Grandparents’ Day. This is a great keepsake ornament for family, students and alumni. All profits benefit the 8th grade class.
Celebration Books for Grandparents
Honor your grandparents in a unique and lasting way. Consider adopting a Celebration Book in their name for Grandparents’ Day. A personalized bookplate honoring your grandparent(s) will be affixed inside your chosen book and presented to them on Grandparents’ Day. Come see the librarian for requested titles available in the library. Enjoy the book over Christmas then return it in January as a part of our permanent ICS collection. Remember, Celebration Books are a tax-deductible gift.
ICS Spirit Week: January 14-18 and Homecoming Basketball Game: Thursday, January 17
We are excited to showcase our Warrior Pride during this year’s Spirit Week! To celebrate ICS Spirit Week, we will have themed dress down days. Classes can even win prizes for creativity and participation! (Students who choose not to participate in the dress down theme will wear their regular uniform. With the themed dress down days, dress code rules still apply.)
- Monday: Jersey Day – Any jersey will do! High school, college, professional jersey for any team, any sport. If you play a sport, wear your own team’s jersey! Show support for your favorite team! Represent your team, whether it is football, soccer, basketball, lacrosse, cricket or rugby! Any jersey for any team will work.
- Tuesday: Twin Day – Get a buddy together – or 2, or 3, or 4, or get your whole class together and dress alike! Show your ICS spirit by making sure everyone is included. We can’t wait to see the twins, triplets, quadruplets – you name it!
- Wednesday: Hat Day and/or Crazy Hair Day – Wear your favorite hat or crazy hat to school! Or wear your hair in a funky way! Your teacher may ask you to remove your hat during class, but if you wear a hat or have crazy hair you may dress down as well.
- Thursday: ICS Spirit Day – Wear ICS colors or your favorite ICS gear! Basketball players should wear their jerseys to school over a t-shirt. Plan to come to the Homecoming basketball games after school to cheer on the Warriors!
- Friday: Patriotic Day – Show your patriotism and wear your red, white and blue to finish out the week!
Homecoming Basketball Game
Come cheer on the ICS Varsity Basketball teams as they take on Trinity Christian School on Thursday, January 17. The girls’ game is first at 3:45 p.m. and the boys’ game will follow at 4:45 p.m. We will have games and giveaways during halftime, special concessions, the opportunity to get your picture taken with Wayne the Warrior and more! Don’t miss this great event!
Admissions Previews for K-10th grade: January 18 & 29
Help us spread the word about Immanuel Christian School by inviting friends, co-workers and neighbors to visit ICS.
- First Look Friday for K- 8th grade: January 18 at 9:00 a.m.
- Take a Look Tuesday for High School 9 (9 & 10th grades): January 29 at 7:30 p.m.
Click here for the full Admissions Preview schedule and more information.
Questions? Contact email@example.com.
7th & 8th Grade Science Field Trip to the Grand Canyon: Registration Closing Soon!
Registration for this great science field trip to the Grand Canyon, Zion National Park, Bryce Canyon National Park and Antelope Canyon closes soon. The Grand Canyon flyer has all the information you need to register. If you have any questions, please email Mr. Pinkley.
Siblings of current students: APPLY NOW for the 2019-2020 school year!
If you are planning for another one of your children to come to ICS for the 2019-2020 school year, now is the time to apply! Applications are steadily coming in and spaces are limited. Sibling application fees are only $75. Click here to access the online application. Questions? Contact Lauren Gessner, Enrollment Manger.
Second Tuition Payment for the 2018-19 School Year
If you are paying tuition on the semi-annual plan, the 2nd payment is due January 15. FACTS withdrawals will be made on that date. If you have any questions, contact Mandy Croushore, Finance Director.
Parent Service Hours: Please record on ParentSquare
Please click here to see the instructions to record your Parent Service Hours. Parent Service Hours are recorded on ParentSquare, not on Facts Family Online (ParentsWeb).
Rising 6th grade Immunization Requirements for 2019-20
Rising 6th graders will need an additional TDAP immunization. Please review your child’s immunization record and make plans to fulfill this requirement at your next doctor’s appointment or by August 1, 2019.
Winter After School Clubs
It’s that time of the year when the weather is getting colder and we are looking for ways to have fun indoors! Winter Club registration is already on ParentSquare. The winter session will begin the week of January 8 and will include drama club, cooking club, LEGO club, art club, chess club and several STEM offerings. Any questions about registration or course content should be directed to Allison Masson. Please sign up quickly as clubs fill up fast during the cold winter months.
Immanuel Christian School is accepting applications for substitute teachers (a bachelor’s degree is required). Find the application here. Please send your cover letter, resume and application to Sandy Potter, Lower School Principal (Grades K-4) or Rachel Reno, Upper School Principal (Grades 5-8).
Wednesday Fun Lunch: Sign up for 2nd Semester by Friday, January 18
Second Semester Lunch Dates: January 30, 2019 – May 22, 2019.
- The second semester of meals must be pre-ordered online and paid for by January 18. To sign up, click here. To see the Fun Lunch Schedule, click here.
- Contact Mandy Croushorefor payment questions.
Fun Lunches are served on Wednesday during the school year. Subway, Malek’s Pasta, Papa John’s Pizza, and Chick-fil-A are delivered on a rotating basis. You have the flexibility to choose any or all meals, for each student, a semester at a time (NO weekly ordering). Meals must be pre-ordered online.
Fun Lunch Servers and Shoppers needed
See the ParentSquare post to sign up to serve or shop! Questions? Please email Donna Melendez, Fun Lunch Coordinator.
Smart Lunches: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday Lunch Option
In addition to our Wednesday Fun Lunches above, ICS partners with Smart Lunches © to offer a daily lunch option. You may select a hot or cold option and order as often or as little as you need! Orders can be placed or changed up to three days in advance. They can accommodate many dietary restrictions, too. Smart Lunches© delivers daily to the Terrace Room. Click here for more details about meal options and prices.
Check out this video to learn more about the Smart Lunch program offered at ICS. Smart Lunches are a great alternative to making lunch every day (except Wednesday) for your student.
Varsity Girls and Varsity Boys Lacrosse (spring) Coaches Needed
The commitment is a maximum 3 afternoons a week for 2 hours (no weekends or holidays). This is a great way to get involved in the ICS family, and show our children how to honor God in all areas of life.
Contact Mark Warden if you have questions.
General Mills Box Tops
Keep clipping and saving box tops! Please contact Jennifer de Vallance with any questions or to help with our fall Box Top clipping and counting drive.
Amazon Smile Orders Benefit ICS: Christmas shopping? Check them out!
Did you know that shopping on Amazon through Amazon Smile directly benefits ICS? Bookmark this link http://smile.amazon.com/ch/54-1025245 and every time you shop from the link 0.5% of your eligible purchases will be donated back to our school! Thanks for supporting the work of ICS through Amazon Smile.
The IBC Women’s Spring Retreat
Join us for a weekend away March 22-24, 2019 at the Dulles Westin Hotel for the Women’s Spring Retreat — “Rooted in Christ.” IBC’s own – Wendy Blackwell, Kathy Holley, Deshua Joyce, and Enid Walker will lead us through Ephesians, exploring what it means to center our identity on Christ. Registration is now open! Register here.
|Quick Links:||FACTS||Bonus Verse & Family Lessons||ParentsWeb||Donate Online|