Prayer Guide: December 3, 2018 – January 11, 2019
Prayer Guide: December 3, 2018 – January 11, 2019
Our 2018-19 Bonus Verse:
THE ARMOR OF LIGHT
“Besides this you know the time, that the hour has come for you
to wake from sleep. For salvation is nearer to us now than when we first believed.
The night is far gone; the day is at hand. So then let us cast off the works of darkness
and put on the armor of light.”
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
“But the angel said to her, “Do not be afraid, Mary, you have found favor with God.
You will be with child and you are to give him the name Jesus. He will be great and will be called
the Son of the Most High. The Lord God will give him the throne of his father David,
and he will reign over the house of Jacob forever; his kingdom will never end.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Please click here for a print-friendly copy of this Prayer Guide.
All School Christmas Program – Please pray for the preparations and details for the All School Christmas program on Thursday, December 20. Pray for all the students and teachers involved in rehearsals, that there would be joy and enthusiasm as they prepare! Please pray for Cindy Wade as she directs the program, and for the teachers as they work with students to be ready.
Grandparents’ Day is Thursday, December 20 – This is a very special day for our ICS families with grandparents coming for the Christmas program and classroom visits. Please pray for this event, that we would make our guests feel welcome, that they would gain a sense of our vision for ministry here at ICS, and be blessed by this special Christmas message.
Christmas Celebrations/Vacation time for families – May our Lord Jesus Christ be at the center of our celebrations as we focus on His birth this Christmas season. Our Savior has come and we rejoice in all that He has done for us. May our family times be especially enriched by the LORD Jesus.
Basketball season – Basketball tryouts are now complete for Boys and Girls JV and Varsity teams. Please pray for the students as they begin the season and for the coaches as they develop and encourage their teams.
Coaches for upcoming season:
Jr. Varsity Boys – Dale Pinkley & Michael Boone
Varsity Boys – David Mucciaro & Scott Adams
Jr. Varsity Girls – Jason Gray & Claire Boswell
Varsity Girls – Sarah Pinkley & Julie Choat
Budget Preparation – Please pray for our school board members and the administration as they continue with the process of planning for next year. May the LORD guide their decisions with wisdom and discernment.
First Look Fridays — Our next open house will be December 14. Pray for our parent tour guides, that they will represent ICS effectively to the prospective parents who are visiting.
High School Committee –
- “Take A Look Tuesdays”, our High School Preview meetings, are underway. The next morning meeting will be December 11. Please ask God to direct additional families to our high school program.
- Please continue to pray for the High School Committee, the Capital Campaign Committee and the School Board as they trust the Lord to go before them in the ongoing planning for the high school.
- Ask God for His help in hiring exceptional high school faculty who desire to mentor and challenge young men and women to grow spiritually, academically, socially and athletically.
- Pray also for continued wisdom in final lease negotiations, the hiring of architectural and construction firms and the approval process from Fairfax County.
- Praise God for those families who indicated strong interest in enrollment by taking advantage of the pre-commitment option.
Parents in Prayer – Please join us on Tuesday mornings at 8:30 a.m. after morning drop-off.
You are invited to join other parents every Tuesday morning at 8:30 a.m. to pray for our students, our teachers and staff. This is a vital ministry that benefits all of us at ICS. Parents meet in B201, at the end of the 8th grade hallway. Your child’s class and teachers will be prayed for specifically during the year. Contact Mary Sue Smith in Reception for more information. You are welcome to drop in when you can and especially when your child’s class is being featured!
Topics and Scriptures which our Parents in Prayer group will focus on for December 4, 11, 18 and January 8:
December 4 – God is Sovereign
Scriptures: II Samuel 7:22; Psalm 71:5; Jeremiah 32:17
To pray for our own children: O Sovereign LORD, deal well with ________ for Your name’s sake; out of the goodness of Your love, deliver ________. Psalm 109:21
December 11 – God is our Shield
Scriptures: II Samuel 22:1-3; Psalm 84:11; Proverbs 2:7-8
To pray for our own children: You are a shield around ________, O LORD; bestow glory on ________ and lift up his/her head. From Psalm 3:3
December 18 – God is our Shepherd
Scriptures: Isaiah 40:11; Ezekiel 34:14-16; Revelation 7:17
To pray for our own children: May You, the God of peace, who through the blood of the eternal covenant brought back from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great Shepherd of the sheep, equip ________ with everything good for doing Your will, and may You work in ________ what is pleasing to You. From Hebrews 13:20-21a
January 8 – Jesus is a Servant
Scriptures: Matthew 20:25-28; John 13:14-17; Philippians 2:5-8
To pray for our own children: May ________ use whatever gift he/she has received to serve others, faithfully administering God’s grace in various forms. From I Peter 4:10
Please pray especially for:
Ms. Rachel Reno, Middle School Principal
- Pray for our teachers to use everyday moments to teach the gospel
- Pray for wisdom for both principals as we work on our schedule for next year.
Mrs. Sandy Potter, Elementary School Principal
- Pray for teachers and students as they prepare to celebrate the birth of our Savior and prepare for Grandparents’ Day.
- Pray for prospective families as they search for the right school for their children.
- Pray for faculty members and their families as we enter the flu season.
Ms. Ruth Dowdell, MS Language Resource Teacher
- For safe travels over Christmas and a good time with family. I am headed home to Canada and then to Germany to visit my sister and her husband.
- For God to give me renewed wonder at the gift of His Son as I spend time in God’s Word leading up to Christmas.
- For opportunities and boldness to share the love of God with unsaved friends while I am home for Christmas.
Featured Classes for Prayer: 3B and 5B
3B Class – Mrs. DiAnne Boutz and Mrs. Ronda Wallis – Teachers; Mrs. Sandy Duncan- TA
Character Traits: Perseverance and Self-Discipline
Class Verse: Phil. 4:13 – “I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength.”
Projects/Skills: Students are beginning to work on multiplication and the memorization of facts. The Christmas program is fast approaching with Luke 2 verses needing to be memorized. Please pray for Mrs. Wade and the students as they rehearse for the December 20 All School Christmas program.
Prayer Requests: Please pray that our class will continue to practice self-discipline as we approach Christmas. Pray for students to learn perseverance as they experience life’s growing pains. Please pray that our class will use challenging social situations to demonstrate compassion and understanding toward one another.
Fifth Grade B – Mrs. Monica Tubb – Teacher; Mrs. Sarah Layman, TA
Character Traits: Diligence and Integrity
Class Verse: Mark 16:15- “Go into all the world and proclaim the gospel to the whole creation”.
Projects/Skills: Egyptian Museum Dec. 6th!
Prayer Requests: Pray for diligence in finishing up our Egyptian projects which the students have been working on since October, and for more kindness/tender-heartedness amongst the students, especially those dealing with parents being gone often (moving away, business trips).
Please pray for these 3B and 5B students: