Prayer Guide: October 22-November 9, 2018
Prayer Guide: October 22-November 9, 2018
Our 2018-19 Bonus Verse:
THE ARMOR OF LIGHT
“Besides this you know the time, that the hour has come for you
to wake from sleep. For salvation is nearer to us now than when we first believed.
The night is far gone; the day is at hand. So then let us cast off the works of darkness
and put on the armor of light.”
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
“The more praying there is in the world, the better the world will be; the mightier the forces against evil everywhere.”
– E.M. Bounds
Please click here for a printer-friendly version of the Prayer Guide.
Fall Sports are continuing – Please pray for our 3 soccer teams, JV and Varsity Boys and the Girls team, that they would learn excellent sportsmanship and enjoy the fun of being on a team with fellow students. Pray for a good outcome for the soccer tournaments.Thank God for enabling our Varsity and JV Boys cross country teams to win 1st place in the recent meet and our Girls team to take 3rd place!
Parent Teacher Conferences — Please pray for all of the teachers as they prepare for conferences in early November. Pray for the parents and teachers as they meet together. Pray for wisdom, discernment and grace as each student’s progress is reviewed. Praises to God for bringing us through our first quarter of the school year and for His many blessings to us as a school.
First Look Fridays – Our next two open houses will be November 30 and December 14. Pray for our parent tour guides, that they will represent ICS effectively to the prospective parents who are visiting.
Serve-A-Thon 2018 – Praises to God for the exciting opportunities our students and teachers had to put their faith into action in the last two weeks. Please pray for the ongoing fundraising efforts as we seek to raise money for essential funds for ICS and our international sister schools.
Week 3 & Beyond:
- Please pray for 100% participation and for each class to meet their Serve-A-Thon fundraising goals.
- Prize Rally on October 22
- U Did It Day on November 2
- Prize Day on November 16
High School Committee —
- Please continue to pray for the High School Committee, the Capital Campaign Committee and the School Board as they trust the Lord to go before them in the ongoing planning for the high school.
- Ask God for His help in hiring exceptional high school faculty who desire to mentor and challenge young men and women to grow spiritually, academically, socially and athletically.
- Pray also for continued wisdom in final lease negotiations, the hiring of architectural and construction firms and the approval process from Fairfax County.
- Praise God for those families who indicated strong interest in enrollment by taking advantage of the Pre-Commitment option.
- Ask God to direct additional families to our high school program.
Parents in Prayer – Please join us on Tuesday mornings at 8:30 a.m. after morning drop-off.
You are invited to join other parents every Tuesday morning at 8:30 a.m. to pray for our students, our teachers and staff. This is a vital ministry that benefits all of us at ICS. Parents meet in B201, at the end of the 8th grade hallway. Your child’s class and teachers will be prayed for specifically during the year. Contact Mary Sue Smith in Reception for more information. You are welcome to drop in when you can and especially when your child’s class is being featured!
Topics and Scriptures which our Parents in Prayer group will focus on for October 23, 30 and November 6:
October 23 – God is Trustworthy
Scriptures: II Samuel 7:28; Psalm 19
To pray for our own children: May ________ trust in the LORD with all his/heart and lean not on his/her own understanding. From Proverbs 3:5
October 30 – God is Truth
Scriptures: Psalm 119:60; Isaiah 45:19; John 14:16
To pray for our own children: Sanctify ________ by the truth; Your word is truth. From John 17:17
November 6 – God is our Teacher
Scriptures: Job 36:22; Psalm 32:8; Isaiah 48:17
To pray for our own children: Show ________ Your ways, O LORD, teach him/her Your paths; guide ________ in Your truth and teach him/her, for You are God and his/her Savior, and ________’s hope is in You all day long. From Psalm 25:4-5
Please pray especially for these staff members:
Jesus Morales, Orchestra Teacher:
- Please pray for all of the students involved with the arts program at ICS. Including choir, orchestra, band.
- Pray that they stay encouraged and excited about making music together.
Sarah Layman, Music Lesson Coordinator:
- Pray that all beginning instrumental students will be motivated to practice what they learn and not get frustrated.
- Pray that the beginning strings program will continue to grow.
- & Mrs. Layman will be headed to Europe in early November. Pray for safety & protection.
First Grade B – Teacher, Mrs. Jenna Rieder; TA – Mrs. Mary Ayres
Character Traits: Responsibility and Obedience
Class Verse: Philippians 4:13 “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.”
Projects/Skills: Grow in their listening skills and ability to follow directions, be kind and do their best! Grow as reader and writers.
Prayer Requests: Please pray for our Serve-A-Thon goal to be met and for our health this year. Please pray for us to grow academically, socially, and spiritually this school year.
Seventh Grade B – Mr. Jon Duncan – Teacher
Character Traits: Honesty and Humility
Class Verse: Philippians 4:8 “Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things”.
Projects/Skills: Students will be building relationships with students at Annandale Terrace Elementary School this fall and spring. They are currently learning about the American Colonies in History class, studying the book of John in Bible class and reading The Giver in Language Arts.
Prayer Requests: Please pray that students will develop strong and healthy relationships with each other and with the Annandale Terrace students.
Please pray for these 1B and 7B students: