May 24, 2018
May 24, 2018
If you wish to read more information under a title, simply click the title to expand details. We hope this newsletter helps you stay in the loop with news and information at ICS!
No School Monday, May 28: Happy Memorial Day!
Enjoy your day. Classes resume Tuesday, May 29.
Thank you to all who serve our country.
Spread the Word About ICS!
If you have a friend who is interested in enrolling their children at ICS for the 2018-2019 school year, now is the time to apply! We have waiting lists in several grades, so don’t wait! Please encourage them to contact email@example.com to schedule a tour and receive an information packet. Thank you for helping us continue to inspire purposeful lives!
Sports Day is May 31 – Parent Help Needed for Grades 1 & 2
Sports Day is coming! This is one of the students’ favorite days of the school year! It takes many volunteers to pull together this day of fun, camaraderie and fitness for our students. We need your help to make this day special.
- Helpers Needed for Grades 1 & 2: Click here to sign up.
- Grades 1 & 2 will enjoy activities coordinated by Lisa Fisher, while grades 3-8 will continue the usual Sports Day activities with Travis Briggs.
- A hot dog lunch will be served to students, volunteers, siblings, alumni and teachers. Lunch volunteers may use this time for Parent Service Hours.
- Faculty vs. 8th grade volleyball game will be in the gym at 1:30 p.m.
We look forward to seeing you May 31!
High School Alumni Invited Back on Sports Day
ICS alumni currently enrolled in high school are invited back to campus to join us for lunch starting at noon and then stay to compete in the annual Alumni vs. 8th grade volleyball game on Sports Day, Thursday, May 31. Please RSVP here.
2018-2019 School Supply Online Ordering: Deadline June 8
ICS’s partnership with Cornerstone Office Solutions will continue to provide parents and students with an easy-to-order supply kit for next school year. Each kit includes the required supplies for every grade level. Just place the order online and the kits will be delivered to your child’s classroom in time for the ICS Meet & Greet in August – no need to store supply kits at home over the summer. Best of all, a portion of the purchase price will go to ICS! Flyers are coming home with your child today. Click here to order. The deadline to order is June 8.
Graduation and Awards: June 5 at 7:15 p.m.
- 8th grade students should report to their classrooms no later than 6:30 p.m.
- Grades 3-7 should report to their classrooms no later than 7:00 p.m. in order to proceed to the Worship Center as a class.
- Please Note: Kindergarten-2nd grade students do not participate in graduation; however, they may attend with their parents.
- Graduation dress code: Students are expected to dress up and follow dress code standards detailed in the “Parent Student Handbook.”
ICS Chick-fil-A Fundraiser: Tuesday, June 5
Join the ICS family at Chick-fil-A, Springfield location, Backlick Shopping Center, 6681a Backlick Rd, Springfield, VA 22150 on Tuesday, June 5. Throughout the day, if you mention ICS during your purchase ICS will receive a portion of the day’s receipts. This is a great way to enjoy a delicious meal as a family and support ICS. Stop by on your way to 8th grade graduation! We look forward to seeing you there! Click here for more information.
Last Smart Lunch – Tomorrow, May 25
- Last Smart Lunch is Friday, May 25
End of Quarter Verse Recitation
Lower School (Grades 1-4):
3rd & 4th Quarters: (N-Z verses)
Thursday, May 24 (1st Try)
Friday, May 25 (retry)
1st & 2nd Quarters (A-M verses)
3rd & 4th Quarters:
Tuesday, May 29 (1st Try)
Wednesday, 30 (retry)
Middle School Exam Schedule: Full day of School
Tuesday, May 29 8:45-10:30 a.m.
7th & 8th Grade Language Arts Exam in classrooms
6th Grade Math Exam
Wednesday, May 30 8:45-10:30 a.m.
8th Grade Math Exam
10:45 a.m.-12:15 p.m.
7th Grade Math Exam
Return Library Books
All ICS library books not related to class assignments need to be returned. Lists of overdue items will be sent to parents and posted in all classrooms as a reminder to students. Failure to return books will result in a fine for the replacement cost of the book plus a $5.00 processing fee per title. Unpaid fines will result in report cards being withheld. Questions? Contact library staff.
Extended Care Schedule for June 1-6
Parents, thank you for all you have done to help Extended Care run smoothly this year. The Extended Care schedule for the end of the year is as follows:
- June 1: No school due to a Teacher Workday. If you have your child enrolled in the “Additional Days Contract”, we have Extended Care from 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- June 4: Last day of Extended Care for kindergarten.
- June 4-5: Noon dismissal for Grades 1-8. Please send lunch both days. Extended Care will close at 6:00 p.m. as usual.
- June 4-6 there IS Morning Care offered these two days.
- June 6: Last day of school! There is NO AFTER SCHOOL care today. Have a wonderful summer
Need a Tutor for the Summer?
Looking for an opportunity to keep up with your reading and math skills? The following people will be tutoring this summer in many different subjects. You may contact the tutor by calling or emailing him/her directly.
- Kate Alvarado: Grades 5-8: Science & Math. K8alvarado@gmail.com (970)227-3964
- Sarah Calhoun: Grades K-8, Math/Reading/Language Arts, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Danielle Gleason: Grades K-3, Math, Reading, and Language Arts, email@example.com
2018-2019 ICS School Calendar: Last day of school date changed
Click here for the upcoming school year calendar.
Immunizations – Rising 6th Graders
Virginia immunization requirements state that all rising 6th graders are required to submit documentation that a tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis (Tdap) booster administered within the last 5 years. This documentation is required for your child to start the 2018-19 school year and must be turned into the school office by August 1, 2018.
Physical Forms needed for siblings new to ICS next year
If your current student has a sibling who will be joining ICS next year, please remember to provide a current physical and a record of all immunizations prior to August 1, 2018. If you have any questions about what is required, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
ICS Basketball Camp: June 18-22
Mark your calendars! ICS will again host its annual ‘funtastic’ basketball camp from Monday – Friday, June 18-22. Camp will be held in the ICS Gym from 8:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. Basketball camp is for both boys and girls entering 4th – 9th grades. Students from other schools have been invited to attend camp as well. Please click here to register and make payment to reserve a spot!
Important Update on School Uniforms
In the 2018-19 school year, ICS will transition to Tommy Hilfiger (TH) uniforms, with the exception of a few select Lands’ End (LE) items. The two main reasons for this transition are lower cost and better quality. This recommendation came after an extensive review by a committee of parents, teachers and staff. More information will follow soon with detailed information on what will be offered from each company. Click here for New Uniform List for 2018-2019.
- Logos will be required on all NEW polos, sweatshirts, sweaters and all fleeces beginning in August 2018.
- We have negotiated a significant discount with Tommy Hilfiger to include logos in the price.
- The 2018-19 school year is the last year that pink polos will be permitted.
Tommy Hilfiger Uniform Sale in June
School Uniforms by Tommy Hilfiger has a money-saving special coming up from Tuesday, June 19th through Monday, July 2nd.
- 20% Off Entire Purchase (includes products + logo fees; excludes shipping and tax)
- Valid Tuesday 6/19 through Monday 7/2
- Parents will need a promo code at checkout
- Be watching for the promo code notice in mid-June
Discovery Therapist Needed for 2018-2019
The Educational Services Department at ICS is currently accepting applications for a part-time NILD Educational Therapist (Discovery). Minimum of a B.A./B.S. is required along with Level II therapy training which could be obtained this summer. Please fill out an application found on our school website under Employment Opportunities/Educational Resources. Questions concerning this position may be directed to Joyce Wallen, Educational Services Coordinator.
Job Openings for 2018-2019
ICS is now accepting applications for 6th Grade (Social Studies and Bible), Middle School Math (Part-Time), Athletic Director/PE Teacher. Elementary positions are full-time and require an education degree. Middle School positions require an education degree or a degree in a specific content area. Visit www.icsva.org/employment for more details and to apply.
Substitutes Needed for 2018-2019 School Year
Immanuel Christian School is accepting applications for substitute teachers (a bachelor’s degree is required). Find the application here. Please send your cover letter, resume and application to email@example.com.
We Collect Box Tops
Bring your Box Tops in a Ziploc bag labeled with your child(s) name and grade to Reception and make sure you check the dates on the Box Tops as expired dates will not be counted in the totals. Remember to sign up and support ICS here. Once you register, you will have access to coupons for box top products and have the opportunity to play fun games and earn eBox Tops for our school. If you have questions, please contact our coordinator, Jennifer deVallance.
Vacation Bible School at IBC: June 25-29
Mark your calendars for June 25-29 for the week of Vacation Bible School.
- AM Program – 9:30 a.m. – Noon (4 years old by 9/30/18 – entering 3rdgrade)
- PM Program – 7:00 – 9:00 p.m. (entering 4th– entering 6th grades)
Register today! $15 per child (increases to $20 on June 1st). Hope to see you there!
Click here for more information.
|Quick Links:||FACTS||Bonus Verse & Family Lessons||ParentsWeb||Donate Online|