Prayer Guide: March 12 – April 6, 2018
Prayer Guide: March 12 – April 6, 2018
Our 2017-18 Bonus Verse: THE SHIELD OF GLORY
“But you, O LORD, are a shield about me, my glory, and the lifter of my head.
I cried aloud to the LORD, and he answered me from his holy hill.”
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Click here to download a pdf version of the Prayer Guide.
Standardized Testing – Week of March 19-23.
Please pray for students in grades K-8 as they participate in this testing, for good rest each night and a prompt arrival at school each day.
Admissions – Friday, March 16 is our next First Look Friday Open House. Please pray that God will bring families to ICS whose children will benefit from what we offer at ICS.
CIA Projects – Pray for each class as they continue their projects in the community and with our partner public schools. Please pray that students would develop true hearts for service through our Character in Action ministries. Please pray for new opportunities to Skype with our sister school in Romania, for smooth technical connections and good communications between classes.
Parent Volunteers – We thank God for each and every one of you who has served in some way this school year. We could not fulfill our mission here at ICS without all of your help and support!
High School Prayer Initiative – Join us in thanking God and praying for:
- HIS WISDOM & TIMING – guiding the planning process, providing resources and growing a base of support
- LEADERSHIP & PLANNING – through an active leadership team and planning committee that is focused on the formation of Immanuel Christian High School
- DONOR SURVEY & FUNDRAISING – that we would successfully complete a donor feasibility survey this Spring to provide vital information for raising necessary funds for the high school
Holy Week and Easter – We pray that over our Easter break we as families will be focused on Christ’s death and resurrection. We thank the LORD for all that He has done for us through Jesus Christ’s sacrificial death on the cross!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Parents in Prayer – Please join us on Tuesday mornings at 8:30 a.m. after morning drop-off.
You are invited to join other parents every Tuesday morning at 8:30 a.m. to pray for our students, our teachers and staff. This is a vital ministry that benefits all of us at ICS. Parents meet in B201 at the end of the 8th grade hallway. Your child’s class and teachers will be prayed for specifically during the year. You are welcome to drop in when you can and especially when your child’s class is being featured!
Topics and Scriptures which our Parents in Prayer group will focus on for March 13, 20 and April 3.
March 13 – God is my Helper
Scripture: Deuteronomy 33:26; Psalm 18:6; Psalm 121:2
To pray for our own children: May ________ know that You are his/her God, who takes hold of his/her right hand and says to him/her, “Do not fear; I will help you.” From Isaiah 41:13
March 20 – God is Holy
Scripture: Isaiah 5:16; Isaiah 6:3; Revelation 15:4
To pray for our own children: But just as You who called ________ is holy, so may ________ be holy in all he/she does; for it is written: “Be holy, because I am holy.” From 1 Peter 1:15-16
April 3 – God is our Hope
Scripture: Isaiah 40:28-31; Lamentations 3:21-35; Romans 15:4
To pray for our own children: May the God of hope fill ________ with all joy and peace as he/she trusts in You, so that ________ may overflow with hope by the power of Your Holy Spirit. From Romans 15:13
Please pray especially for these administrators and their requests:
Pray for our Office and Reception Team: Kim Akers, Diane Carnahan, Dorian Smith, Mary Sue Smith, Carol Fox, Julie Neville and Lynn Simon.
Specifically, please pray:
- For gentle and wise speech as we seek to represent Christ well
- To demonstrate the joy of the LORD as we interact with faculty, parents and visitors in Reception and patiently answer questions that require knowing endless details about happenings at our school
- For effective management of all the details related to activities for the remainder for the year including a 20 Years of Service Celebration for Mary Sue Smith on April 9
- For our ability to balance family demands along with work and other responsibilities.
Featured Classes for Prayer: 2B, Art and Elementary Spanish
Elementary Spanish – Mrs. Sarah Garcia
Class Verse: “He determines the number of the stars and calls them each by name.” Psalm 147:4
- KA, KB and KC – Learning the names of farm animals, numbers and colors in Spanish.
- 1A and 1B – Learning the seasons of the year.
- 2A and 2B – Learning about family.
- 3A and 3B – Writing numbers and doing math problems in Spanish.
- 4A and 4B – Memorizing John 3:16 in Spanish.
- Pray for the students to be able to learn in Spanish and remember what they’ve learned for next year.
- Praise God for the healthy arrival of Baby Zoey, Mrs. Garcia’s new granddaughter! Garcia is spending the month of March in Japan, visiting her daughter and husband and new baby.
- Please pray for Mrs. Flor Morrow, who will be subbing for Mrs. Garcia while she is away.
Art Classes (Grades K-6) – Mr. Ryan McAllister, Teacher
Character Traits: Using our creativity to honor God and to encourage one another
Class Verse: Exodus 35:35 “God has filled them with skill to do all kinds of work as craftsmen, designers, embroiderers in blue, purple, scarlet yarn and fine linen, and weavers –all of them master craftsmen and designers.”
Projects/Skills: We’ve started our OpArt projects in several of the classes: learning how line, shape and color work together to create optical illusions on 2d surfaces. We also are working on weaving in 3rd grade.
Prayer Requests: Please pray that the students will begin to see how art and creativity are gifts from God that can be used to bring encouragement and joy to others.
Second Grade B – Ms. Hannah Hale – Teacher; TA – Mrs. Lisa Oliver
Character Traits: Kindness and Honesty
Class Verse: Luke 6:31, “And as you wish others would do to you, do so to them.”
- CIA trip to Aarondale Assisted Living Center
- Family books – We are beginning to write and illustrate books to tell about our families. This is an activity we use to incorporate our writing skills and to highlight the family unit.
- Heritage Festival – March 16. The students have the opportunity to learn about different countries and cultures. They become aware of how God created each of us to be unique.
- Quarter verses
- For our students and families to stay healthy
- For our class to show servant hearts as we interact with each other
- For our CIA visits to Aarondale Assisted Living Center, that we would be able to share Jesus’ love with our older friends
- For dads who are deployed/preparing to deploy, such as Mr. Huibregtse (dad of Grace Huibregtse), as well as other military families
- For parents who are recovering from surgeries, such as Mrs. Carnahan (mom of Kiley Carnahan) and Mrs. Wilde (mom of David Wilde)
Please be praying for these 2B students: