Prayer Guide: December 4, 2017 – January 5, 2018
Prayer Guide: December 4, 2017 – January 5, 2018
2017-18 Bonus Verse: THE SHIELD OF GLORY
“But you, O LORD, are a shield about me, my glory, and the lifter of my head.
I cried aloud to the LORD, and he answered me from his holy hill.”
Click here to download a pdf version of the Prayer Guide.
All School Christmas Program – Please pray for the preparations and details for the All School Christmas program, on Friday, December 15. Pray for all the students and teachers involved in rehearsals, that there would be joy and enthusiasm as they prepare! Please pray for Cindy Wade as she directs the program, and for the teachers as they help students to be ready!
Grandparents’ Day is Friday, December 15 – This is a very special day for our ICS families with grandparents coming for the Christmas program and classroom visits. Please pray for this event, that we would make our guests feel welcome, and that they would gain a sense of our vision for ministry here at ICS.
Christmas Celebrations/Vacation time for families – May our Lord Jesus Christ be the center of our celebrations as we focus on His birth this Christmas season. Our Savior has come and we rejoice in all that He has done for us. May our family times be especially blessed by the LORD!
Basketball season starting up — Basketball tryouts are underway for Boys and Girls JV and Varsity teams. Please pray for the students as they try out and for the coaches as they choose teams and begin the new season.
Coaches for upcoming season:
Jr. Varsity Boys – Dale Pinkley, Michael Boone and Bruce Burnside
Varsity Boys – David Mucciaro & Scott Adams
Jr. Varsity Girls – Jason Gray & Claire Boswell
Varsity Girls – Sarah Pinkley & Gary Young
Budget Preparation – Please pray for our school board members and the administration as they continue with the process of planning for next year. May the LORD guide their decisions with wisdom and discernment.
Parent Volunteers — We thank God for each and every one of you who has served in some way so far this school year. We could not fulfill our mission here at ICS without all of your help and support!
First Look Fridays — Pray that our tour guides will represent ICS well to the prospective parents who are visiting. Prior to Christmas break, we will have one more First Look Friday on December 8.
High School Discussions/Decisions — Pray for guidance for our school board and high school committee as they continue to make plans for the ICS high school. Pray especially for curriculum development, fundraising efforts, student and faculty recruitment and details regarding location. Praise for progress made so far and prayers already answered.
Parents in Prayer – Please join us on Tuesday mornings at 8:30 a.m. after morning drop-off.
You are invited to join other parents every Tuesday morning at 8:30 a.m. to pray for our students, our teachers and staff. This is a vital ministry that benefits all of us at ICS. Parents meet in B201, at the end of the 8th grade hallway. Your child’s class and teachers will be prayed for specifically during the year. You are welcome to drop in when you can and especially when your child’s class is being featured!
Topics and Scriptures which our Parents in Prayer group will focus on for November 14 and 28.
December 5 — God is our Defender
Scripture: Deuteronomy 10:17-18; Psalm 68:5; Psalm 72:4
To pray for our own children: Awake and rise to ________’s defense! Contend for ________, my God and Lord.
From Psalm 35:
December 12 – Jesus is Emmanuel
Scripture: Genesis 28:14-15; Isaiah 9:6-7; Matthew 1:23; Matthew 28:19-20
To pray for our own children: May ________ not be afraid because You are with him/her. May ________ not be dismayed, for You are his/her God. Please strengthen ________, and uphold him/her with Your victorious right hand.
From Isaiah 41:10
January 2 – God is Everlasting
Scripture: Psalm 90:2; Psalm 145:13; Isaiah 40:28
To pray for our own children: Search ________, O God, and know his/her heart; test ________ and know his/her anxious thoughts. See if there is any offensive way ________, and lead him/her in the way everlasting.
From Psalm 139:4
Please pray especially for:
Rachel Reno, Upper School Principal
- Pray for our teachers to use everyday moments to teach the gospel.
- Pray for wisdom for both principals as we work on our schedule for next year.
Eleane McCoy, Lower School Principal
- Pray for teachers and students as they prepare to celebrate the birth of our Savior and prepare for Grandparents’ Day.
- Pray for prospective families as they search for the right school for their children.
- Pray for faculty members and their families as we enter the flu season.
- Pray for Board members and their families.
Featured Classes for Prayer: 3A and 5A
3rd Grade A: Mrs. Kelli Harris – Teacher; Mrs. Sandy Duncan – TA
Character Traits: Perseverance and Self-Discipline
Class Verse: Psalm 119:105 — “Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path.”
- We have just begun our unit on multiplication facts. This is the year they will memorize all the facts. Please pray for the students as they work to master this important math skill.
- We continue to work on our Land and Water books for social studies, using the mobile laptop cart. Students are creating a book culminating their studies of various land and water forms.
- Please pray for the 3A students to listen and cooperate with Mrs. Wade as they practice for and perform in the Christmas program.
- Please pray for the ongoing health of the students and teachers.
- Please pray for our focus and self-control to be consistent as the December days move on and our schedule is filled up with many festive activities.
Fifth Grade A – Ms. Alyssa Willis – Teacher; Mrs. Sarah Layman – TA
Character Traits: Diligence, Integrity
Class Verse: Mark 16:15 “Go into all the world and proclaim the gospel to the whole creation.”
- 5th grade is a big transition year as the first year for these students in Middle School! Organizing materials, keeping track of due dates, following through on work, and using their time well are important skills we seek to develop all year long.
- Our Egypt Research Project culminates in the Egyptian Museum next week.
- In Math we are working on division, decimals, and showing our work.
Prayer Requests: Please pray that we would each be cultivating a personal relationship with Jesus Christ individually and that our hearts would ever be drawn to Him. Pray for much growth and maturity this year.
Please be praying for these 3A and 5A students:
Hannah Mei S.