Prayer Guide: November 13 – December 1, 2017
Prayer Guide: November 13 – December 1, 2017
Our 2017-18 Bonus Verse: THE SHIELD OF GLORY
“But you, O LORD, are a shield about me, my glory,
and the lifter of my head.
I cried aloud to the LORD,
and he answered me from his holy hill.”
Click here to download and print a pdf version of this Prayer Guide.
Season of Thanksgiving — Pray for our hearts to be aware and focused on the Lord’s provision in our lives during this season of thankfulness. Pray for those who are traveling during the Thanksgiving holiday. Pray for family relationships to be strengthened as we gather together with loved ones.
Serve-A-Thon 2017 — We thank the LORD for His faithfulness in bringing in over $68,295 for essential funds for ICS, school supplies for children affected by the recent hurricanes, as well as our international sister schools. We are grateful for all of the contributors and all of those who served in the community and on campus during the month of October.
Basketball season starting up — Basketball tryouts will begin later this month and early December for Boys and Girls JV and Varsity teams. Please pray for the students as they try out and for the coaches as they choose teams and begin the new season.
Parent Volunteers — We thank God for each and every one of you who has served in some way so far this school year. We could not fulfill our mission here at ICS without all of your help and support!
First Look Fridays — Pray that our tour guides will represent ICS well to the prospective parents who are visiting. Prior to Christmas break, we will have one more First Look Friday on December 8.
High School Discussions/Decisions — Pray for guidance for our school board and high school committee as they continue to make plans for the ICS high school. Pray especially for curriculum development, fundraising efforts, student and faculty recruitment and details regarding location. Praise for progress made so far and prayers already answered.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Parents in Prayer – Please join us on Tuesday mornings at 8:30 a.m. after morning drop-off.
You are invited to join other parents every Tuesday morning at 8:30 a.m. to pray for our students, our teachers and staff. This is a vital ministry that benefits all of us at ICS. Parents meet in B201, at the end of the 8th grade hallway. Your child’s class and teachers will be prayed for specifically during the year. You are welcome to drop in when you can and especially when your child’s class is being featured!
Topics and Scriptures which our Parents in Prayer group will focus on for November 14 and 28.
November 14 — God is our Defender
Scripture: Deuteronomy 10:17-18; Psalm 68:5; Psalm 72:4
To pray for our own children: Lord, awake and rise to ________’s defense! Contend for ________, my God and Lord. From Psalm 35:23
November 28 – Jesus is Emmanuel
Scripture: Genesis 28:14-15; Isaiah 9:6-7; Matthew 1:23; Matthew 28:19-20
To pray for our own children: May ________ not be afraid because You are with him/her. May ________ not be dismayed, for You are his/her God. Strengthen ________. Uphold him/her with Your victorious right hand. From Isaiah 41:10
Please pray especially for these staff members:
From Mrs. Beverly Atkinson, Character in Action Director:
- Pray that the schools in hurricane areas which receive the school supplies from Serve-A-Thon are blessed by these gifts.
- Thank God for our students’ hearts of service as they worked to serve in our community through Serve-A-Thon projects.
- Thank the Lord for sustaining relationships with our various community partners and international schools. Pray that we can connect with the schools through letters and Skype.
- Please pray for our ongoing classroom service opportunities and for volunteer drivers as these get underway in the next few weeks.
From Mrs. Erika McKellop, Library Media Specialist:
- Thank God for the students’ and teachers’ patience and encouragement as I learn the ropes of new technology responsibilities and policies.
- Pray for the day-to-day stress of unexpected troubleshooting issues and wisdom for the best solutions for these issues.
- Thank God for the collaboration of faculty who are constantly looking for ways to best steward and integrate our technology resources in their classes.
- Pray for the students to make wise choices with how they use devices and what they view online.
- Thank God for the two new carts of iPads, and how they are supplementing our curriculum in innovative, exciting ways!
From Mrs. Allison Masson, Extended Care Director:
- We are thankful for God’s protection over the students as they play in the afternoons.
- Pray for opportunities to witness to students in the afternoons.
- Pray for wisdom as we resolve conflicts amongst students and extend God’s grace.
- Pray for the health of all the Extended Care employees as we head into the winter months.
- Thanks to the LORD that we have an opportunity to work with so many loving and supportive families in our Extended Care program.
Please pray for Mrs. Jody Lubenec, Elementary Bible teacher, and her classes:
Character Traits: Christ-likeness, lover of God
Class Verse: Psalm 34:8 – Oh, taste and see that the LORD is good. Blessed is the man who takes refuge in Him.
- that the students would begin to grasp who God is and who they are in relationship to Him, and understand their own need for the Savior.
- that they would know the overarching story of God’s redemption
- that the students would learn how to correctly understand and read Scripture, through the development of basic Bible study skills
- that the students would memorize passages of Scripture relevant to our Bible study, hiding them in their hearts and applying them to their own lives
- for the supernatural work of the Holy Spirit to work in the hearts of students to change them as we study His Word together.
- for those students who have not yet accepted Christ as their personal Savior to do so, and for those who have to grow in their understanding of what it means to follow Jesus as Lord with their whole hearts living out their love for Him in their daily lives.
- for the development of a love for the Lord and for His Word.
- for the students to desire to read God’s Word on their own at home on a daily basis.
- for the families to grow in faith as their children share what they are learning at school about the Lord.
- for the protection of class time and teachers/TAs as the enemy does not want God’s truth to be proclaimed and believed.
Featured Classes for Prayer: 2A and 6A
Second Grade A – Ms. Andrea Faulkner, Teacher; Mrs. Karen Nordai, TA
Character Traits: Self-Control
Class Verse: “But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control.” Galatians 5:22, 23
Projects/Skills: Family Turkeys, CIA Thanksgiving boxes to our friends at Annandale Terrace, writing projects, map skills and math skills
- that we would have thankful hearts in all circumstances
- that the families who receive our Thanksgiving boxes would know that we love Jesus and that Jesus loves them
- that we would have self-control as we work throughout each school day
- that the fruit of the Spirit would be evident in our classroom and that the Lord would be pleased with our actions and words
Sixth Grade A – Mrs. Traci Vergara, Teacher
Character Traits: Courage and Endurance
Class Verse: “He has showed you, O man, what is good, and what does the LORD require of you?
To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.” Micah 6:8
Projects/Skills: Science Fiction/Fantasy Book Report Project, Character Sketch Writing, Science Project, Encouraging and Respecting Others
- for our Christmas play preparation
- for positive participation and peer interaction,
- for tender hearts toward God and His Word
Please be praying for these 2A and 6A students:
|Julianna A.||Joseph A.|
|Hope A.||Harper A.|
|Jonathan B.||Samuel A.|
|Estella C.||Grace B.|
|Luke C.||Laurel D.|
|Zoya E.||Joshua F.|
|Liya F.||Charles G.|
|Britain F.||Lydia H.|
|Katherine H.||Xavier H.|
|Brigt J.||Dara L.|
|Meheret K.||Elana L.|
|Reed L.||Elijah R.|
|Chiara L.||Thomas S.|
|Luke L.||Samantha T.|
|Charles M.||Ethan T.|
|Finola M.||Solomon V.|
|Grace P.||Alexia V.|
|Sloane Q.||Jason W.|
|Caleb R.||Jack W.|