Prayer Guide: March 13-31, 2017
Prayer Guide: March 13-31, 2017
Our 2016-17 Bonus Verse:
“For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but one who in every respect has been tempted as we are, yet without sin. Let us then with confidence draw near to the throne of grace, that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need.”
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Please click here for a printer-friendly version of the Prayer Guide.
Please note: As you utilize this Prayer Guide as a tool to pray for Immanuel Christian School, its students and teachers, keep in mind what a privilege it is to come before the LORD and his throne of grace.
Prayer is the easiest and hardest of all things; the simplest and the sublimest; the weakest and the most powerful; its results lie outside the range of human possibilities-they are limited only by the omnipotence of God. ~ E.M. Bounds
Parents in Prayer – Please join us on Tuesday mornings at 8:30 a.m. after morning drop-off.
You are invited to join other parents every Tuesday morning at 8:30 a.m. to pray for our students, our teachers and staff. This is a vital ministry that benefits all of us at ICS. Parents meet in B201, at the end of the 8th grade hallway. Your child’s class and teachers will be prayed for specifically during the year. Contact Mary Sue Smith in Reception for more information. You are welcome to drop in when you can and especially when your child’s class is being featured!
Topics and Scriptures which our Parents in Prayer group will focus on for March 14, March 21 and March 28.
March 14 – God is Love
Scripture: Psalm 136:1-9
To pray for our own children: May ________ love You, the Lord our God, with all his/heart and with all his/her soul and with all his/her mind and with all his/her strength. From Mark 12:30
March 21 – God is Light
Scripture: John 8:12; Psalm 119:105, 130; 2 Samuel 22:29
To pray for our own children: May ________ put aside the deeds of darkness and put on the armor of light.
From Mark 12:30
March 28 – God is Life
Scripture: Nehemiah 9:6; John 5:21; John 6:47-51
To pray for our own children: Make known to ________ the path of life; fill ________ with joy in Your presence, with eternal pleasures at Your right hand. From Psalm 16:11
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
May 5, ICS FIESTA – Please pray for the FIESTA committee as they finalize details for “FIESTA 2017.” Pray that many people would join us at this special event. We look forward to a wonderful evening of fun and fellowship. May God bless this effort so that essential funds for the school would be raised. Please pray for the speakers at our FIESTA as they strive to effectively convey our message to all in attendance.
Elementary Choir – Please pray for Cindy Wade and the students as they prepare for their Spring musical on April 28.
Admissions – Pray for good attendance at this next event: First Look Friday on March 17. Please continue to pray that God will bring the families of His choice to ICS next year.
CIA Projects – Pray for each class as they continue their ongoing projects in the community and with our partner public schools. Please pray that students would develop true hearts for service through our Character in Action ministries.
Spring Sports – Please pray for the new Boys/Girls Lacrosse and Boys/Girls Softball teams and their coaches. The season has begun for these 2 sports, and will run through May 18. As the teams get practices and games underway, pray that the students learn well the lessons of excellent sportsmanship and representing Christ to the other school teams they will be playing throughout the spring season. Pray also for Travis Briggs, our Athletic Director, as he oversees all the details of the ICS Sports teams.
Boys Lacrosse- Scott Adams
Girls Lacrosse- Kendall Holbrook
Boys Softball- Mark Jordan and Jennifer Dameron
Girls Softball- Kate Alvarado and Kevin Cobb
Featured Classes for Prayer: 2A, Art classes and Lower School Science classes
Second Grade A – Sandy Potter -Teacher, Julie Neville-TA
Character Traits: Gentleness and Honesty
Class Verse: Philippians 2:3,4 “Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than ourselves. Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others.”
- CIA trip to Aarondale Assisted Living Center
- Family books – We are writing and illustrating books to tell about our families. This is an activity we use to incorporate our writing skills and to highlight the family unit.
- Heritage Festival – March 17. The students have the opportunity to learn about different countries and cultures. They become aware of how God created each of us to be unique.
- Quarter verses
- For our students and families to stay healthy
- For our class to show servant hearts as we interact with each other
- For our CIA visits to Aarondale Assisted Living Center, that we would be able to share Jesus’ love with our older friends
- For dads who are deployed and for our military families, such as Mr. Harris (husband of Mrs. Harris, our 3A teacher) who will come home the second week of March
Art Classes (Grades K-6) – Amber Seat, Teacher
Character Traits: Encouraging one another, and using our creativity to honor God
Class Verse: Exodus 35:35 “God has filled them with skill to do all kinds of work as craftsmen, designers, embroiderers in blue, purple, scarlet yarn and fine linen, and weavers –all of them master craftsmen and designers.”
Projects/Skills: All of our students have been very busy in the art room. Most classes have completed their pottery units for the year, several painting and drawing units, and are currently working on a weaving or sewing unit. 6th Grade wrapped up their semester of art and now kindergarten has art for the spring semester.
- Pray that our students will seek to honor God through their creativity, be encouraging to one another and always do their best for the glory of God.
Lower School Science – Mrs. Bethany Tinev
Character Traits: Respect
Class Verse: Psalm 24:1-2: “The earth is the Lord’s, and everything in it, the world, and all who live in it; for he founded it upon the seas and established it upon the waters.”
Projects/Skills: Human body systems, Astronomy, Magnets and Ecosystems
- Please pray for the science classroom as we explore God’s creation and beauty. Pray for students to see the character of God through His creation!
- Please pray for the students to be engaged and excited about science as we explore many hands-on activities.
- Pray for the students as we learn more about being respectful of teachers, fellow students, and God’s creation.
Please pray for the following ICS Staff members:
Pray for our Office and Reception Team: Kim Akers, Diane Carnahan, Dorian Smith, Mary Sue Smith, Carol Fox, Madison Kinney and Lynn Simon.
Specifically, please pray:
- For wise speech as we seek to represent Christ well
- To demonstrate the joy of the LORD as we interact with faculty, parents and visitors at Reception and patiently answer questions that require knowing endless details about happenings at our school
- For Madison Kinney as she is expecting a little girl in May
- For effective management of all the details related to activities for the remainder for the year including a 20 Years of Service Celebration for Dorian Smith and Eleane McCoy on April 3.
- For our abilities to manage family demands along with work and other responsibilities.
Please be praying for these 2A students:
|Jordan B.||Eli M.|
|Kambri C.||Marissa M.|
|Eden C.||Hannah M.|
|Adam E.||Luke O.|
|Elyse F.||Tristan O.|
|Colbie F.||Isaac P.|
|Saraiya G.||Sophie P.|
|Kylie H.||Elijah S.|
|Nicklaus H.||Cole V.|
|Olivia H.||Emma W.|
|Micah L.||AnaSophia W.|
|Nikki L.||Elaina W.|