Prayer Guide: January 9-27, 2017
Prayer Guide: January 9-27, 2017
Our 2016-17 Bonus Verse:
“For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but one who in every respect has been tempted as we are, yet without sin. Let us then with confidence draw near to the throne of grace, that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need.”
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Please click here for a printer-friendly version of the Prayer Guide.
Parents in Prayer – Please join us on Tuesday mornings at 8:30 a.m. after morning drop-off.
You are invited to join other parents every Tuesday morning at 8:30 a.m. to pray for our students, our teachers and staff. This is a vital ministry that benefits all of us at ICS. Parents meet in B201, at the end of the 8th grade hallway. Your child’s class and teachers will be prayed for specifically during the year. Contact Mary Sue Smith in Reception for more information. You are welcome to drop in when you can and especially when your child’s class is being featured!
Topics and Scriptures which our Parents in Prayer group will focus on for January 10, 17 and 24.
January 10 – God Rescues
Scripture: Psalm 91:14-16; Proverbs 11:8; Galatians 1:3-4
To pray for our own children: Reach down from on high and take hold of ________; draw him/her out of deep waters. Rescue ________ from his/her powerful enemy, from his/her foes, who are too strong for ________. Psalm 18:16-17
January 17 – God Reigns
Scripture: Exodus 15:8; I Chronicles 16:31; Psalm 47:8
To pray for our own children: How beautiful on the mountains are ________’s feet when he/she brings good news, proclaims peace, brings good tidings, proclaims salvation, and says, “Our God reigns! Isaiah 52:7
January 24 – God is our purpose
Scripture: Proverbs 19:21; Ephesians 1:11-12; Philippians 2:13
To pray for our own children: Lord, raise up ________ for Your purposes, that You might show ________ Your power and that Your name might be proclaimed in all the earth. Exodus 9:16
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Budget Preparation – Please pray for our school board members and the administration as they continue with the process of planning for next year. May the LORD guide their decisions with wisdom and discernment. The school board members are: Brad Beall, Chris Bender, David Drum, Chris Gleason, Huber Parsons, John Rutherford, William Sprance, J.D. Taliaferro, and Scott Thompson.
First Look Fridays – Our next Open House for prospective families will be Friday, January 20.
CIA Projects – Pray for each class as they begin their ongoing projects into the community and with our partner public schools. Please pray that students would develop true hearts for service through our Character in Action ministries.
Basketball Season – Pray for the four basketball teams as they continue this season. May the student players learn important lessons of teamwork and good sportsmanship while they have fun competing with other schools.
Please pray for the coaches:
- Varsity Girls –Sarah Pinkley
- Varsity Boys –David Mucciaro & Scott Adams
- JV Boys – Alex Vocature & Sam Kleintop
- JV Girls – Vanessa Simms & Mark Jordan
Please pray for the following ICS Administrators:
From Mr. Danish, Head of School:
- Pray for the completion of the 2017-18 budget as the ICS Board sets tuition levels and salaries for the coming year. Pray for new families of God’s choosing to consider ICS for their children next year.
- Pray for new families and students who have just enrolled in January for a smooth transition into ICS.
- Pray for the on-going work of the ICS High School Committee. Pray for JD Taliaferro (school board member) as he leads the committee and sets up the next steps in a strategic plan.
- Pray for our new Upper School Principal, Rachel Reno, as she settles into her new position.
From Mr. Pinkley, Asst. Head of School:
- Pray for team unity as a faculty as we strive to further God’s kingdom through a first-class quality Christian education.
- Pray for our newest ICS team members: Rachel Reno – Upper School Principal, Ana Akin – long-term Spanish substitute and Kristen Ries, long-term 1st grade substitute.
- Pray for safe deliveries and healthy babies for Oriana Augustus (Spanish Teacher) with her baby due at the end of January and Jenna Reider (1B teacher) whose baby is due in March.
Featured Class for Prayer: 4th Grade B – DiAnne Boutz –Teacher; Mrs. Jan Yantz-TA
Character Traits: Compassion and Responsibility
Class Verse: “Whatever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord and not for men.” Colossians 3:23
Projects/Skills: In Math we will continue to build on our multiplication and division skills as well as decimals and fractions. We will be going to the TEC lab next quarter where students will learn to use Excel to represent data. In English, we will continue to build on our knowledge of the parts of speech. In Social Studies we will continue to look at our state of Virginia and explore the colonial time period.
Prayer Requests: Pray that our classroom would be one where students feel encouraged to pursue the gifts and talents God has given them, and that they encourage one another with their words and actions. Please pray that they would grow individually in their relationship with the Lord and have a passion and desire to follow Him.
Please be praying for these 4B students:
|Rowan A.||Kadisha L.|
|Lee B.||Seth L.|
|Hamilton C.||Lizzie M.|
|Sam C.||Keonna P.|
|Maya D.||Rachael P.|
|Hannah D.||Katelyn R.|
|Nahom F.||Zoe S.|
|Genevieve G.||Mia S.|
|Jack H.||Pierce T.|
|Jake K.||James V.|
|Sammy L.||Avery W.|