Prayer Guide: November 14 – December 2, 2016
Prayer Guide: November 14 – December 2, 2016
Our 2016-17 Bonus Verse:
“For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but one who in every respect has been tempted as we are, yet without sin. Let us then with confidence draw near to the throne of grace, that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need.”
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Please click here for a printer-friendly version of the Prayer Guide.
Parents in Prayer – Please join us on Tuesday mornings at 8:30 a.m. after morning drop-off.
You are invited to join other parents every Tuesday morning at 8:30 a.m. to pray for our students, our teachers and staff. This is a vital ministry that benefits all of us at ICS. Parents meet in B201, at the end of the 8th grade hallway. Your child’s class and teachers will be prayed for specifically during the year. Contact Mary Sue Smith in Reception for more information. You are welcome to drop in when you can and especially when your child’s class is being featured!
Topics and Scriptures which our Parents in Prayer group will focus on for November 15, 22 and 29.
November 15 – God is our Shield
Scripture: II Samuel 22:1-3; Psalm 83:11; Proverbs 2:7-8
To pray for our own children: You are a shield around ________, O Lord; bestow glory on ________ and lift up his/her head. From Psalm 3:3
November 22 — Jesus is our Shepherd
Scripture: Isaiah 40:11; Ezekiel 34:14-16; Revelation 7:17
To pray for our own children: May you, the God of peace, who through the blood of the eternal covenant brought back from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great Shepherd of the sheep, equip _________ with everything good for doing Your will, and may You work in _________ what is pleasing to You. From Hebrews 13:20-21a
November 29 — Jesus is a Servant
Scripture: Matthew 20:25-28; John 13:14-17; Philippians 2:5-8
To pray for our own children: May ________ use whatever gift he/she has received to serve others, faithfully administering God’s grace in various forms. From 1 Peter 4:10
Parent Teacher Conferences – Please pray for all of the teachers as they prepare for conferences. Pray for the parents and teachers as they meet together, for wisdom, discernment and grace as each student’s progress is reviewed. Praise to God for bringing us through our first quarter of the school year and for His many blessings to us as a school.
Serve-A-Thon 2016 – We thank God for all of the contributors and all of those who served in the community and on campus during the month of October. We thank the LORD for his faithfulness in enabling the fundraising goal of $70,000 to be met!
Season of Thanksgiving – Pray for our hearts to be aware and focused on the LORD’s provision in our lives during this season of thankfulness. Pray for those who are traveling during the Thanksgiving holiday. Pray that our family relationships would be strengthened as we gather together with loved ones.
Health Issues for ICS staff and families – Pray especially for those who are struggling with a variety of health-related issues including seasonal colds and viruses.
Basketball season starting up— Basketball tryouts have begun this month, for Boys and Girls Varsity and JV teams. Please pray for the students as they try out and for the coaches as they choose teams and begin the new season.
First Look Fridays — Pray that our tour guides will represent ICS well to the prospective parents who are visiting. Prior to Christmas break, we will have one more First Look Friday on December 2.
Please pray especially for:
Donna Bradley, Technology Resource Coordinator
- Thank the Lord for the provision of three mobile carts and laptops, so that technology tools can be used in classrooms as well as in the Tech Center.
- Pray for graciousness and creative expertise to resolve multiple unexpected troubleshooting issues that arise each week for teachers, staff, and students.
- Pray for patience and enthusiasm for four teachers who are beta-testing a Management program as part of our Blended Learning Initiative.
- Pray for the challenge of integrating technology into classroom curriculum for our “Millennial” students who have grown up with readily available technology and need to know how to use it wisely and with integrity.
Beverly Atkinson, Character in Action Director
- We thank God for all of our parent volunteers. We cannot do this without you!
- We also thank God for our students’ hearts of service as they worked to serve in our community through Serve-A-Thon projects.
- Thank the Lord for connecting us and sustaining relationships with our various community partners and international schools.
- Please pray for our ongoing classroom service opportunities as they begin in the next few weeks.
- Pray for the much-needed parent drivers and shuttle drivers for all of the upcoming CIA trips.
- Pray for our connections with our International sister schools, so that many of our classes will be able to connect through letters and Skype.
Allison Masson, Extended Care Director and her staff
- Please pray that our employees would stay healthy as we head into colder weather.
- Pray that we would be effective teachers and leaders as we work with the students before and after school.
- Pray that we would discipline with grace.
- Pray that we would continue to forge meaningful relationships with parents as we care for their children before and after school.
Featured Classes for Prayer: 2B and 6B
Second Grade B: Mrs. Amanda Anthony – Teacher; Mrs. Lisa Oliver -TA
Character Traits: Patience and Self-control
Class Verse: Galatians 5:22-23
“But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.”
Projects/Skills: Family units, narrative writing (beginning, middle and end), counting Money
Prayer Requests: Pray that the students would enjoy the process of learning while maintaining self-control.
Sixth Grade B: Taylor Reagan – Teacher
Character Traits: Courage and endurance
Class Verse: Micah 6:8
“He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice and to love kindness and to walk humbly with your God?”
Projects/Skills: We are continuing our study of the origins of Islam and the ancient Middle East/Arabian Peninsula. We are using higher level thinking skills to compare the differences between Islam and Christianity, and to meditate on how good and lovely the One true God of Christianity is. Our focus continues to be on writing, critical thinking skills, and efficient study habits.
Prayer Requests: Please pray for the 6th graders that they will grow to love Jesus and hate sin. Pray that they treasure God’s Word and that God continues to work it deep into their hearts. Pray for each student to be encouraged as they work hard to balance the many demands of school and extra-curricular activities. Pray that God will continually soften their hearts towards their peers, and that students will continue growing in unity with each other.
Lower School Bible – Mrs. Jody Lubenec, Teacher
Character Traits: Christ-likeness, lover of God
Class Verse: Psalm 34:8 – Oh, taste and see that the LORD is good. Blessed is the man who takes refuge in Him.
- that the students would begin to grasp who God is and who they are in relationship to Him, and understand their own need for the Savior.
- that they would know the overarching story of God’s redemption
- that the students would learn how to correctly understand and read Scripture through the development of basic Bible study skills
- that the students would memorize passages of Scripture relevant to our Bible study, hiding them in their hearts and applying them to their own lives
- for the supernatural work of the Holy Spirit to work in the hearts of students to change them as we study His Word together.
- for those students who have not yet accepted Christ as their personal Savior to do so, and for those who have to grow in their understanding of what it means to follow Jesus as Lord with their whole hearts
- for the development of a love for the Lord and for His Word.
- for the students to desire to read God’s Word on their own at home on a daily basis.
- for the families to grow in faith as their children share what they are learning at school about the Lord.
- for the protection of class time and teachers/TAs as the enemy does not want God’s truth to be proclaimed and believed.
Please be praying for these 2B and 6B students:
|Jourdyn B.||Kalab A.|
|Ella B.||Chris B.|
|Jaelyn C.||Ethan B.|
|Madison C.||Tommy B.|
|Hannah D.||Christine C.|
|Nardeen E.||Saige C.|
|Caleb F.||Paul C.|
|Brason H.||Michael M.|
|Zoe J.||Samuel N.|
|Madison J.||Brooke O.|
|Sabrina J.||Dominic O.|
|Joelle K.||Caroline P.|
|Amelia L.||Aidan P.|
|Clayton M.||Sara P.|
|Luke N.||Lola R.|
|Nate P.||Tyler R.|
|Lucas P.||Grant S.|
|K.J. P.||Jeb V.|
|Emmaline R.||Annalisa W.|