Prayer Guide: January 11 – 29, 2016
Prayer Guide: January 11 – 29, 2016
Our 2015-16 Bonus Verse:
“Who shall ascend the hill of the LORD?
And who shall stand in his holy place?
He who has clean hands and a pure heart,
who does not lift up his soul to what is false
and does not swear deceitfully.” Psalm 24:3-4
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Please click for a printer-friendly option of the Prayer Guide.
Basketball Season – Please pray for the basketball teams as they practice and compete this season. Pray that they would demonstrate good sportsmanship. Pray for the coaches: Varsity Girls – Sarah & Dale Pinkley, Varsity Boys – Rich Bates & Kurt Overman, JV Boys – Scott Adams and David Mucciaro, and JV Girls – Vanessa Simms and Mark Jordan.
First Look Fridays – Our next Open House will be Friday, January 15. We are thankful for the good response at previous open houses in the fall. Pray for new families of God’s choosing to consider ICS for their children next year.
Budget Preparation – Please pray for our school board members and the administration as they continue with the process of planning for next year. May the LORD guide their decisions with wisdom and discernment.
Prayer for School Leadership:
School Board members: Brad Beall, David Drum, Chris Gleason, John Rutherford, Bill Sprance, and J.D. Taliaferro.
From Mr. Danish, Head of School:
- Pray for Dwight and Karla Davison as they move this month. After 25 years of affiliation with the ministry of ICS and Dwight’s 20 years on the ICS Board, they will be moving from the area and pursuing new ministry opportunities for the future.
- Pray for the completion of the 2016-17 budget as the ICS Board sets tuition levels and salaries for the coming year
- Pray for the on-going work of the High School Committee as it considers the question of an ICS High School. Pray for JD Taliaferro (school board member) as he begins to chair the high school committee this year. Pray for the review and analysis of the recent High School Feasibility Study.
From Mr. Pinkley, Asst. Head of School:
- Pray for team unity as a faculty as we strive to further God’s kingdom through a first-class quality Christian education.
- Pray for our newest ICS team members: Travis Briggs – Athletic Director and Boy’s 4th-8th grade PE teacher; Heidi Joye – K-6 grade Music teacher; Oriana Augustus – Long-term Spanish substitute, and Joel Van Kampen – a Cedarville University student, doing his student-teaching at ICS with our PE teachers until mid-May.
CIA Projects – Pray for classes as they begin their ongoing projects into the community and with our partner public schools. Pray that students would develop true hearts for service.
Parents in Prayer – Please join us on Tuesday mornings at 8:30 a.m. after morning drop-off, in Room B201. You are welcome to drop in when you can, especially when your child’s class is being featured.
Topics and Scriptures which our Parents in Prayer group will focus on for January 12, 19 & 26:
January 12 – God is our Guide
Scripture: Nehemiah 9:19; Psalm 23:1-3; Psalm 48:14
To pray for our own children: Lord, please guide ________ in what is right and teach him/her Your way. From Psalm 25:9
January 19 – God Heals
Scripture: Psalm 30:2; Psalm 103:5; Isaiah 53:5
To pray for our own children: Lord, please heal _______ when he/she is brokenhearted and bind up his/her wounds. From Psalm 147:3
January 26 – God is our Helper
Scripture: Deuteronomy 33:26; Psalm 18:6; Psalm 121:2
To pray for our own children: May_________ know that You are his/her God, who takes hold of his/her right hand and says to him/her, “Do not fear, I will help you.” From Isaiah 41:13
Featured Classes for Prayer: 4A, Lower School Science classes & PE classes
4th Grade A: Sarah Calhoun -Teacher; Jan Yantz–TA
Character Traits: Compassion and Responsibility
Class Verse: Colossians 3:23, “Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men.”
Projects/Skills: Multiplication and division of large numbers, First and Second Quarter Verse Recitation and Old Testament Books, Paragraph Writing, Biography Book Reports, Jamestown Book
Prayer Requests: For 4th grade students to have hearts for service as they begin their CIA service project at the Food Bank starting in January; for health and continued focus after the long break, to continue to learn responsibility as they start the second half of fourth grade, for Mrs. Melanie Bodrog who will substitute for Mrs. Yantz, whose daughter is having twins later in January.
Lower School Science – Bethany Tinev, Teacher
Character Traits: Respect
Class Verse: Psalm 24:1-2
Projects/Skills: Simple Machines, Astronomy, Food Webs & Chains, and Color & Light
- Please pray for the science classroom as we explore God’s creation and beauty. Pray that the students would see the character of God through His creation!
- Please pray for the students to be engaged and excited about science as we explore many hands-on activities.
- Pray for the students as we learn more about being respectful of teachers, fellow students and God’s creation.
- Pray for the 6th grade students as they are working on their Science Fair experiments.
PE Teachers – Cindy Wade, Lisa Fisher & Travis Briggs
Character Traits: Fairness, respect for one’s opponent, and graciousness in winning or losing
Class Verse: “And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.” Colossians 3:17
- Health will be taught for grades 5-8, covering topics of nutrition, transitioning into adolescence, and a Biblical understanding of sexuality.
- Sports during this month – floor hockey for grades 3-8
- Please pray for Travis Briggs as he steps into these new roles as Athletic Director and Boys’ PE teacher for 4th-8th
- The PE Dept. is welcoming a student teacher, Joel van Kampen, from Cedarville University. He will be with us until May. Please pray for him as he finishes up his teacher education program, while balancing family life, ROTC and student teaching.
- Pray for safety and protection from injuries in our overall Physical Education program.
Please be praying for these 4A students: