Prayer Guide: December 7, 2015 – January 8, 2016
Prayer Guide: December 7, 2015 – January 8, 2016
Our 2015-16 Bonus Verse:
“Who shall ascend the hill of the LORD?
And who stall stand in his holy place?
He who has clean hands and a pure heart,
who does not lift up his soul to what is false
and does not swear deceitfully.” Psalm 24:3-4
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Please click for a printer-friendly option of the Prayer Guide.
All-School Christmas Program – Please pray for the preparations and details for the All School Christmas program, on Friday, December 18. Pray for all the students and teachers involved in rehearsals, that there would be joy and enthusiasm as they prepare! Please pray for Cindy Wade and Angela Fortier as they direct the program.
Grandparents’ Day is Friday, December 18 – This is a very special day for our ICS families with grandparents coming for the Christmas program and classroom visits. Please pray for this event, that we would make our guests feel welcome, and that they would gain a sense of our vision for ministry here at ICS.
Christmas Celebrations/Vacation time for families – May our Lord Jesus Christ be the center of our celebrations as we focus on His birth this Christmas season. Our Savior has come and we rejoice in all that He has done for us. May our family times be especially blessed by the LORD!
Budget Preparation – Please pray for our school board members and the administration as they continue with the process of planning for next year. May the LORD guide their decisions with wisdom and discernment.
Basketball Season – Please pray for the new basketball teams as they begin practicing for the new season. Pray for the coaches: Varsity Girls – Lisa Fisher & Sarah Pinkley, Varsity Boys – Rich Bates & Kurt Overman, JV Boys – David Mucciaro, and JV Girls – Vanessa Simms.
Parents in Prayer – Please join us on Tuesday mornings at 8:30 a.m. after morning drop-off, in Room B201.
You are welcome to drop in when you can, especially when your child’s class is being featured.
Topics and Scriptures which our Parents in Prayer group will focus on for December 8, 15 & January 5.
December 8 – God is Good
Scripture: Psalm 25:8; Nahum1:7; John 10:11
To pray for our own children: You are good, and what You do is good; teach ________ Your decrees. Psalm 119:68
December 15 – God is Gracious
Scripture: Nehemiah 9:31; Psalm 86:15; Psalm 145:8
To pray for our own children: Lord, bless ________ and keep ________; make Your face shine upon ________ and be gracious to ________; turn Your face toward ________ and give him/her peace. Numbers 6:24-26
January 5 – God Guards
Scripture: Psalm 91:11; Psalm 97:10; Isaiah 52:12
To pray for our own children: I pray that ________ would not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present his/her requests to You, O God. And Your peace, which transcends all under-standing, will guard ________’s heart and mind in You, Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6-7
Please pray for the following ICS Support Personnel:
From Sue Agazzi – Orchestra Director and Music Teacher Coordinator
- Please pray for our Music teachers: Sue Agazzi, Robyn Troncoso, Cindy Wade, David Jones, Kathleen McDonald, Beverly Foster, Dana Landis, Sarah Layman, and Lezlie Taguding.
- Pray for Dana Landis as he and his family relocate to Jacksonville, Florida. We will miss them.
- Please pray that our orchestra students learn to enjoy practicing, that the music we play will bring joy to others and glory to God.
- Pray for a few of the ICS piano students who will play carols before the program.
- Pray for the orchestra students who will be performing for the grandparents in the Atrium on Grandparents’ Day. Pray that they will not be nervous and will enjoy the opportunity to show what they have been working on all fall.
- We are thankful for our instrumental music teachers: Sue Agazzi, Robyn Troncoso, Cindy Wade, David Jones, Kathleen McDonald, Beverly Foster, Dana Landis, Sarah Layman, and Lezlie Taguding.
- Pray for Dana Landis as he and his family re-locate to Jacksonville, Florida. We will miss them.
Featured Classes for Prayer: 3A and 5A and all Music teachers
3rd Grade A: Monika Cohen-Teacher; Ingrid Gleason –TA
Character Traits: Perseverance and Self-Discipline
Class Verse: Psalm 119:105 “Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path.”
Projects/Skills: We will be making Christmas presents for parents and other Christmas crafts. We will be writing letters to our grandparents and/or other special persons for Grandparents’ Day. We have just begun our unit on multiplication facts. This is the year they will memorize ALL the facts. Please pray for the students as they memorize this very important set of math facts.
- Please pray for the 3A students to listen and cooperate with Mrs. Wade as they practice for and perform in the Christmas program as well as listening and cooperating with Mrs. Gleason as they say their Luke 2 verses for the program.
- 3A students need to continue to work daily on “making good choices” in their behavior.
- Please pray for the ongoing health of the students and teachers.
- Please pray for our focus to be clear and consistent as the December days move on. There are lots of distractions this month.
5th Grade A: Alyssa Willis, Teacher; Sarah Layman – TA
Character Traits: Diligence and Integrity
Class Verse: 2 Timothy 4:7, “I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.”
- The fifth grade “gladiators” are working on their projects for the Egyptian Museum this month. They are creating invitations on the computer using Publisher to invite their parents to this event. They are also typing their research into PowerPoint presentations.
- We are working on strengthening the skills of summarizing, outlining, and including detail in written responses.
- In Math, the students are focused on their division skills.
- Please pray for students to work diligently on their Egyptian Museum projects in order to produce quality work.
- Please pray that the 5A students would focus on pleasing their Heavenly Father more than worrying about what others may think.
- Please pray that the 5A students would have spirits of kindness toward others, seeking to encourage others through their words and actions.
Please be praying for these 3A and 5A students:
|Rowan A.||Kalab A.|
|Sydney B.||Thomas B.|
|Isabella B.||Zachary C.|
|Lee B.||Charlotte C.|
|Mirren B.||Asa G.|
|Braden C.||Ian G.|
|Genevieve G.||Acacia G.|
|Anna G.||Joseph H.|
|Jackson H.||Fei Hung H.|
|Jake K.||Michael M.|
|Kadisha L.||Chloe M.|
|Seth L.||Alison M.|
|Adrianna M.||Samuel N.|
|Grace N.||Grady N.|
|Emily O.||Dominic-Xavier O.|
|Micah S.||Caroline P.|
|Mia S.||Alma P.|
|Isaiah S.||Lola R.|
|Hannah Mei S.||Faith R.|
|Pierson T.||Jacob S.|
|Nguyen T.||Annalisa W.|