Prayer Guide: November 16 – December 4, 2015
Prayer Guide: November 16 – December 4, 2015
Our 2015-16 Bonus Verse:
“Who shall ascend the hill of the LORD?
And who stall stand in his holy place?
He who has clean hands and a pure heart,
who does not lift up his soul to what is false
and does not swear deceitfully.” Psalm 24:3-4
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Please click for a printer-friendly option of the Prayer Guide.
Season of Thanksgiving – Pray for our hearts to be aware and focused on the Lord’s provision in our lives during this season of thankfulness. Pray for those who are traveling during the Thanksgiving holiday.
Pray that our family relationships would be strengthened as we gather together with loved ones.
Serve-A-Thon Fundraising Update – At this time, we are almost to the $47,000 mark in the fundraising, which represents 47% of our goal. Please pray that the Lord will enable us to reach our goal of $100,000, and that donations will continue to come in through the end of 2015.
Basketball Season starting up – Basketball tryouts will end tomorrow and practices begin this week. Please pray for the coaches and the 4 teams as they begin practicing and developing teamwork during the season.
Parents in Prayer – Please join us on Tuesday mornings at 8:30 a.m. after morning drop-off, in B201. You are welcome to drop in when you can, especially when your child’s class is being featured.
Topics and Scriptures which our Parents in Prayer group will focus on for November 17, 24 & December 1.
November 17 – God is our Fortress
Scripture: Psalm 18:1-3; Psalm 59:16-17; Psalm 62:6
To pray for our own children: Since You are ________’s rock and fortress, for the sake of Your name lead and guide him/her. From Psalm 31:3
November 24 – God is our Friend
Scripture: John 15:13-15; James 2:23; Luke 5:20
To pray for our own children: May ________ understand that friendship with the world is hatred toward God. May ________ not choose to be a friend of the world. From James 4:4a
December 1 – God is Glorious
Scripture: Nehemiah 9:5b-6; Psalm 72:18-19; Psalm 145:5
To pray for our own children: I pray that out of Your glorious riches You will strengthen ________ with power through Your Spirit in _________’s inner being, so that Christ may dwell in his/heart through faith. From Ephesians 3:16-17a
Please pray especially for:
Donna Bradley, Technology Resource Coordinator
- Thank the LORD for the variety of shared resources we have at ICS, and for the skills and tools that support and are integrated into the curriculum.
- Several teachers are “piloting” a few potential resources to see how best to use them in an educational setting (iPads, interactive flat panel). Pray for discernment and wisdom as these are considered for expansion (or not).
- Pray for the learning process for teachers as we launch Moodle, our blended learning platform, and for the enriching integration possibilities for students.
- Pray for ongoing technical support needs.
Beverly Atkinson, CIA Coordinator
- Praise the Lord for the opportunity for our students to participate in serving our community through Serve-A-Thon. Thank the LORD for a successful new project with Annandale Terrace Elementary School.
- Thank God for His guidance as He has connected us and sustained relationships with our various community partners and international schools. ICS students have been blessed in ways they don’t even realize yet!
- Please pray for our ongoing classroom service opportunities as they all begin in the coming months.
- Pray for the necessary parent drivers, shuttle drivers and support each month.
- Pray for our connections with our International sister schools, so that many of our classes will be able to connect through letters and Skype.
For Extended Care – Allison Masson – Extended Care Director
- Thank the LORD for our faithful and committed team of workers; pray that our team would stay strong and healthy.
- Thank the LORD for the opportunity to partner with parents and provide a service to them; please pray that these ties would strengthen as we work together.
- Thank God for a safe school environment and for continued safety as we care for almost 100 students on the school campus.
- Pray that we are Godly examples to the students we work with each day.
- Pray that we would be encouragers to our students and help them to resolve conflict with their peers.
Featured Classes for Prayer: 2A and 6A and the Library
Second Grade Teachers: Sandy Potter & Kelli Harris –Teachers; Julie Neville-TA
Character Traits: Honesty and Gentleness
Class Verse: “But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control.” Galatians 5:22, 23
Projects/Skills: Family Turkeys, CIA Thanksgiving boxes to our friends at Annandale Terrace, writing projects, thankful journals, map skills, Josefina Story Quilt literature unit
- That we would have thankful hearts in all circumstances
- That the families who receive our Thanksgiving boxes would know that we love Jesus and that Jesus loves them
- That we would have diligent hearts as we work throughout each school day
- That the fruits of the Spirit would be evident in our classroom and that the Lord would be pleased with our actions and words
6th Grade A: Calla Nyboer – Language Arts Teacher
Character Traits: Perseverance, encouragement
Class Verse: “He has showed you, O man, what is good, and what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.” Micah 6:8
Projects/Skills: Medieval Banquet and Star Party
Prayer Requests: Pray for focus in class, Christmas musical preparation and for students to continue to work hard in the classroom especially during this busy time of the year!
Library: Julianna Mays, Carol Beall, Ann Marsh, Kristin Griffin
Projects/Skills: 3rd grade encyclopedia research project on North American animals, 4th grade mystery book report, 5th grade Egypt project, the 6th grade Science Fair projects, the 6th grade unit on the Renaissance
- Please pray for students to be encouraged in their reading abilities and to try books suggested by the librarians.
- Pray for discernment for all students, (especially Upper School students) as they learn to research, that they would see Christ in every aspect of nature, history and current culture.
- Pray for 3rd and 4th grade readers who participate in a voluntary library reading challenge through March.
- Pray for the librarians as we seek to collaborate with teachers, especially with the new literature unit for 6th grade study on the Renaissance.
- Pray for 3rd grade students as they work in the library on their animal research project and acrostic poem about animals.
Library Verse: “Teach us to number our days that we may get a heart of wisdom” Psalm 90:12
Please be praying for these 2A and 6A students:
|Jacob A.||Spencer A.|
|Amari A.||Eaden A.|
|Anna A.||Brooke B.|
|Sydney B.||Ryan C.|
|Reagan B.||Jacob D.|
|Emma C.||Michala D.|
|Erik C.||Luca G.|
|Jake D.||Blen H.|
|Kaleb F.||Thomas H.|
|Grace F.||Sean K.|
|Kyle H.||Erik M.|
|Daniel K.||Kyubin O.|
|Nathan S.||Hamin S.|
|Joonkyu S.||Demetrios V.|
|Kailey S.||Meron Z.|