Immanuel Christian School is proud to be a part of the Capital Athletic Conference. CAC is a competitive, inter-scholastic conference comprised of private schools from the Northern Virginia, Maryland and Washington, D.C. areas. Fifth and sixth grades compete at the Junior Varsity level and seventh and eighth graders compete at the Varsity level. Extra-curricular, interscholastic sports offered are: Soccer, Lacrosse, Basketball, Softball and Cross Country.
Enjoy a highlight video of the 2016 Homecoming Basketball game where the ICS Warriors clinched a win against the Trinity Gryphons. Thanks to 2015 alumni, Michael Schroeder, for putting this video together!
The purpose of the athletic program at Immanuel Christian School is to provide a God-glorifying avenue for student athletes to participate in interscholastic competition. We do this through Christian coaches who are passionate about sharing their love for Christ through sports, by equipping our athletes with the necessary facilities and equipment and by fostering an environment of encouragement and growth in the knowledge of God through sports. While it is our desire to have a competitive program, we are first and foremost committed to upholding God’s truth. Therefore, our primary goal is to show our athletes, as 1 Timothy 4:8 states, that “physical training is of some value, but godliness holds value in all things, holding promise for this life and the life to come”. Because of our commitment to Christ, family and school, we schedule each sport a maximum of three days per week and never schedule any athletic function on a weekend or holiday.
ICS is a member in good standing of the Capital Athletic Conference (CAC), made up of six private schools throughout the Washington DC Metro Area. We compete in soccer, cross country, basketball, softball and track and we compete in lacrosse as a non-conference sport.
- Soccer (5th – 8th grade, JV and varsity girls and boys teams)
- Cross Country (5th – 8th grade, JV and varsity girls and boys teams)
- Basketball (5th – 8th grade, JV and varsity girls and boys teams)
- Softball (6th – 8th grade, varsity girls and boys teams)
- Lacrosse (6th-8th grade, varsity girls and boys teams)
HEALTH AND PHYSICAL EDUCATION PROGRAM
The Immanuel Christian School Health and Physical Education Department’s mission is to provide an opportunity for all students to discover and accept themselves as unique individuals, created by God, with physical, mental, emotional and social strengths and limitations. We strive to help each student grow in each of these areas. It is our goal that students develop a love for health and physical activity that they carry with them even after they have departed from ICS. We accomplish this through emphasizing five major goals within our program:
- Provide the opportunity for students to improve their general fitness level.
- Provide the opportunity for the development and assessment of skills and sportsmanship.
- Provide students with the opportunity to exercise safe use of equipment.
- Provide students with the opportunity to become familiar with rules and strategies of traditional and innovative games and activities.
- Provide students with a biblical framework in dealing with life’s various social, emotional, mental and physical changes.
Get online directions:
View Larger Map