Join Our Team!
Immanuel Christian School is a community of parents and educators who share a biblical worldview, rooted in Christ with an educational philosophy that inspires our students to excel, according to their own unique gifting and abilities. Our faculty and staff are essential in helping to create an environment of encouragement and support by inspiring students to reach their goals and develop a love of learning. Our school is a family atmosphere that exemplifies love, respect and acceptance. Faculty and staff partner with parents in training and instruction. Together they inspire students for purposeful lives of learning, godliness and service.
Positions will be posted as they become known. Staffing needs for the coming school year are not typically identified until the end of March. Once openings have been identified, applications are reviewed and references checked, interviews will be arranged with candidates who are considered a good fit for our school and for the position.
Please note that in order to be considered for employment, you must submit a cover letter, résumé, transcripts, completed application and references.
Questions about faculty employment opportunities should be directed to our principals at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications for employment at Immanuel Christian School are below. Click on the appropriate application, download and complete. Applications may be submitted at any point in the year. Completed applications with supporting documentation should be emailed to email@example.com or mail to:
Immanuel Christian School
6915 Braddock Road
Springfield, VA 22151
All teaching positions require an education degree and classroom experience. Teaching candidates may be asked to teach a class and meet with other teachers at that grade level. Ideally, contracts are offered prior to the end of the current school year.
2016-17 Teacher Openings: None
Teaching Assistant Positions
All teaching assistant positions require classroom experience, either as a volunteer or as an employee. Please download and complete the application below and return to Immanuel Christian School.
2016-17 Teaching Assistant Openings: None
Substitute teachers (a college degree is required) and Teaching Assistants substitutes (experience working with children is helpful) are always needed.
Educational Resources Positions
NILD© Educational Therapists, Barton Reading & Spelling System tutors, Search & Teach tutors, and general subject tutors assist students with a variety of learning needs. Some of these positions require specialized training.
Current Openings: None
Private Instrumental Teacher
Private lessons are taught before, during and after school depending on grade level.
2016-17 Openings: None
Clerical, support and other non-teaching staff positions are posted as they become available. Requirements will be noted with position information.
- Upper School Office Assistant (full time) – This support staff position is responsible for administrative duties in support of the Upper School teachers (grades 5-8), Assistant Head of School and the Upper School Principal. Applicants should be skilled in the use of Word and Excel, have excellent communication and organization skills. Benefits include a tuition discount. Contact Kim Akers, Office Manager, for more details.
Coaching positions are posted as they become available and are part-time. For questions, please email our Athletic Director, Travis Briggs.
2016-17 Coaching Openings
All coaching positions are part time: JV Girls Soccer, JV Boys Soccer, JV Boys Basketball, Varsity girls Lacrosse, Varsity Girls Softball and Varsity Boys Softball.
Benefits of employment at Immanuel Christian School include:
- Competitive salary, tuition benefit for dependents, health
and life insurance, and retirement contributions
- Collaborative and innovative teaching environment
- Dedicated and supportive instructional supervision
- Graduate school reimbursement and on-site continuing education
- Innovative technology integration, support, and training
- Exciting curriculum enrichment opportunities in the nation’s capital
- Vibrant and extensive church community
- Active and helpful parent volunteers